Done and Dusted demo by Genesis Project playback issue

ANARCHY_MIKE

Done and Dusted demo by Genesis Project playback issue

Unread post by ANARCHY_MIKE »

I was trying to run the Done and Dusted demo by Genesis Project. I got the PRG file from the link below.
https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=87618

No matter what if I'm running it from a floppy disk or hard drive, the demo stops working at 1:19 of this Youtube. Instead of the spinning Christmas tree effect and the border images on the left and right, I get a blank blue screen while the music plays. Then it crashes on the reindeer effect with distorted colors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBWyM7tRlf4

I'm running using the STE chipset and 2mb of RAM, which seems to work in the Steem emulator but not on this Mister core. For the TOS, I'm using TOS 2.06 and the issue occurs on both the American and English versions of TOS.

Anyone else having this issue?
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Re: Done and Dusted demo by Genesis Project playback issue

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

I wish these demo sites would label system requirements. Only after copying the demo to floppy did GEM tell me on my real ST that 1 MB was not enough.
pva

Unread post by pva »

ANARCHY_MIKE wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:53 pm No matter what if I'm running it from a floppy disk or hard drive, the demo stops working at 1:19 of this Youtube. Instead of the spinning Christmas tree effect and the border images on the left and right, I get a blank blue screen while the music plays. Then it crashes on the reindeer effect with distorted colors.
For what it's worth, the demo runs fine for me off a hard drive on v20210724 with EmuTOS 512k v1.1.1 (UK)/2 Mb/STe. Does EmuTOS make a difference for you?
kathleen
Top Contributor

Unread post by kathleen »

@ANARCHY_MIKE,
Just tried the demo on my mister and it works perfectrly till the end with this setup:

Memory : 2mb
Tos : v1.00 (ST)
Chipset : ST

Nothing special then, a simple ST with 2mb of ram

かすりん