USB Midi Interface and ST Core

Ruebennase2020

USB Midi Interface and ST Core

Unread post by Ruebennase2020 »

I have a Mist with MIdI Interface and could use it in the ST core.
Is there a similar way with Mister? I have a USB Midi Interface and would like to use it but did not get it to work so far.
I have not found any documentation how to do this.

Any help would be great.
remowilliams

Re: USB Midi Interface and ST Core

Unread post by remowilliams »

If you have a supported USB/MIDI interface, I believe it should just work when the core boots.

When my EMU Xmidi is connected to the MiSTer, and the ST core is booted - 'MiSTer MidiLink! BB7' is shown on the MT32s display. In the MiSTer OSD UART mode (Midilink) is shown.

At this point running MIDI compatible software on the ST (such as many Sierra games, if they are configured to do so) should drive your MIDI device.
suverman

Unread post by suverman »

You need to change the UART to external MIDI and UDP, it works with UMONE USB to Midi with my SC-88 Pro. Ofcourse you need to change the game's sound to MT-32.
Gryzor

Unread post by Gryzor »

I'm getting perfect MT-32 sound on my Roland CM-32L original hardware, when connected to the MiSTer via Roland's UM-ONE USB Midi interface. Just make sure you select the following:

UART Mode --> Midi Link
MidiLink: MIDI Remote
Type: UDP

Open the folder of any SIERRA game on your Atari ST hard drive and run the music configuration file called MUSIC.PRG, before you start the game. E.g. when launching Space Quest III, MUSIC.PRG is located in the "FILES"-subfolder.

- run MUSIC.PRG
- click on OPTIONS
- click on MUSIC DEVICE
- choose ROLAND MT-32, click OK
- click on FILE --> INSTALL GAME
- click OK and then go back to the main game folder
- launch the game proper by clicking on START.PRG