Save options

guddler

Save options

Unread post by guddler »

Let’s say I write a basic program on the MiSTer. What are my options for saving this? Is it just to go old-school and save to actual tape or perhaps wav file through the I/O board?

I thought perhaps I might be able to do something with snapshots but I really, really don’t have the first clue what is going on in the tool that comes up when I press F11. So far all I’ve managed to do with that destroy my code and reset the machine 😂

The Next has some sort of serial interface possibility that remote debuggers can upload via but I’m guessing we don’t have that?
guddler

Re: Save options

Unread post by guddler »

Just realised that the only tape player I have here doesn't record. So that's the old-school method out.

[EDIT] May be getting somewhere with TR-DOS
antonie

Unread post by antonie »

What about recording directly to a computer? My HDMI cable comes with an audio out that I capture sound with.
guddler

Unread post by guddler »

Yes, I've not investigated that one. I think i could do that through the IO board without involving the HDMI sound which is already going to speakers. For the moment I seem to be able to use TR-DOS.

I would really love to get the snapshot functionality working when you press F11 but I really just can't understand it. The core page on the Wiki suggests that when you hit F11 the screen should pause with lines in the border and then you can save state and so on. But I think it only does this if you have previously loaded an IMG file from the F12 menu. But I'm damned if I can work out how to create a blank IMG or even find one online.

It reads to me like on F11 if it detects a loaded IMG then it will go into the snapshot menu, otherwise it will go into that "Mr GLUK" menu. But I could very well be misinterpreting what it is saying.
SmurfDaddy

Unread post by SmurfDaddy »

Blank disk imagens here

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1757
antonie

Unread post by antonie »

Thank you @SmurfDaddy, these have been really useful. I've never really considered Amstrad Spectrums as "true" ZX Spectrums. Working with these images (dsk) have changed my mind somewhat, and the fact that +3DOS continues to live on as the ZXNextOS in the ZX Spectrum Next.