Black Screen in C64 Core

rcade

Re: Black Screen in C64 Core

Unread post by rcade »

I have both an LCD attached to HDMI, and an analog board with RGB connected to a Sony PVM.

I will say that very often the core just shows a black screen for me on the HDMI out, but it always works on the RGB monitor.
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

rcade wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:17 pm I have both an LCD attached to HDMI, and an analog board with RGB connected to a Sony PVM.

I will say that very often the core just shows a black screen for me on the HDMI out, but it always works on the RGB monitor.
I wonder what this core does differently. I had a look at the Verilog but its beyond my current understanding
infected

Unread post by infected »

Did a few more test switching hardware and video modes in the core. Still the same. Tried booting a few .crt's and those sometimes result in the C64 basic screen with random-ish characters around the screen (like in the screenshot). Sometimes something that looks something like a normal C64 loading screen with flashing colors. Sometimes a few SID bleeps and bloops. It's all very random. Just to repeat what i said earlier in the thread: every other core i've tested works just fine.
infected

Unread post by infected »

HOLD IT! Todays (20210509) release suddenly started working. Other people that have had problems with black screen and other weirdness give it a try!
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Todays release has fixed my issue :) I finally can load the C64 and enjoy the Sid and games

Thank you Sorg for all the work you have done.