G64 format on C64 support?

lroby74

G64 format on C64 support?

Unread post by lroby74 »

Hello,
may be possible to add G64 code support on Mister?
Is possible take a little part of code from Ultimate2+ or Ultimate64 source code for this purpose?

I am not able to do that :(
Caldor
Top Contributor

Re: G64 format on C64 support?

Unread post by Caldor »

U2+ and U64 is not open source afaik. But it is possible to add G64 support for the C64 core on the MiSTer. That is why some emulators and the U64 has support for it.

It requires someone to add it though. I also want to see the Amiga core get better CD support and support for IPF or other copy protection supporting image types. But it does not seem to be a priority.
lroby74

Unread post by lroby74 »

Caldor wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:10 am U2+ and U64 is not open source afaik. But it is possible to add G64 support for the C64 core on the MiSTer. That is why some emulators and the U64 has support for it.

It requires someone to add it though. I also want to see the Amiga core get better CD support and support for IPF or other copy protection supporting image types. But it does not seem to be a priority.
It's not this one open source of Ultimate2+?
https://github.com/markusC64/1541ultima ... s/v3.9.zip
Caldor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Caldor »

lroby74 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:57 pm
Caldor wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:10 am U2+ and U64 is not open source afaik. But it is possible to add G64 support for the C64 core on the MiSTer. That is why some emulators and the U64 has support for it.

It's not this one open source of Ultimate2+?
https://github.com/markusC64/1541ultima ... s/v3.9.zip
Interesting. That does look like the source code, both for the FPGA and the software. I looked through the software source code a bit, which I think is for the UI it uses, where it lists filetypes and such, but it does not seem to describe the G64 file format and how to read or write to it. It seems like it might refer to FPGA code on how to do that.

But it does not make much sense to me that it would do that directly in the FPGA code. But it also does contain the FPGA code, so I guess it is there somewhere.

Hmm, looking closer this seems to just be a fork of the official Git and the official Git is closed. Which is probably also why U64 is not there.

The official Git (but with no actual source code):
https://github.com/GideonZ/ultimate_releases