New C64 update disabled my keyboard and controller.

Texemosis

New C64 update disabled my keyboard and controller.

Unread post by Texemosis »

I don't know how that happened but I tried the new update to find with surprise that my keyboards and d-pad inputs stopped functioning with it, I had to go back to the previous update to make it work again.
PhantombrainM

Re: New C64 update disabled my keyboard and controller.

Unread post by PhantombrainM »

No problem with KB or controller here. Please try to delete your .cfg and .map files and setup your core again.
Texemosis

so it's one of those situations eh? whenever a problem affects me an not everyone else, the only thing I can do is wait for even newer updates and hope the issue clears up on it's own. I deleted the config files, didn't find any .maps anywhere. Still nothing for me.
Bas
Top Contributor

Unread post by Bas »

It's a matter of elimination. If you have a second SD card somewhere I'd set that up from scratch with MrFusion and try again from there. If it works, swap your card back. It should stop working again. The next bit is finding the differences between the two cards.

If it also doesn't work on a fresh card, then you may have hit an actual bug. Gather as much detail as you can on your setup and raise an issue on Github.
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

Did you update via the update script or just copy the new rbf files to your SD card? The update needs an update of the main as well.
Texemosis

well, I got it working. I used the SD Utility on a new SD card and it all worked there. Then I copied over the SD Ultility files from the fresh card to replace the ones on my main card... then it was all fixed for some reason.