Thanks for all the work on the C64

turnerja

Re: Thanks for all the work on the C64

Unread post by turnerja »

This is now a great core! Thanks for all the hard work in making this fantastic.
I'm wondering if any of the work on the C64 core easily transfers to some of the other Commodore cores?
Sorgelig
Site Admin

Unread post by Sorgelig »

What thing can be transferred?
Some enhancements of C1541 can be used in which i plan to do.
DoubleA

Unread post by DoubleA »

Sorgelig wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:42 pm What thing can be transferred?
Scaling algo PAL/NTSC to Vic20 core. C64 scaling on Full-HD HDMI is fine now (again), Vic20 scaling in PAL mode is still off (like C64 before the much welcomed improvements).
Sorgelig
Site Admin

Unread post by Sorgelig »

VIC20 has variable position of screen, so it's much harder to accomplish without accidentally cut the useful video.
DoubleA

Unread post by DoubleA »

Sorgelig wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:45 pm VIC20 has variable position of screen, so it's much harder to accomplish without accidentally cut the useful video.
Well yes, but you already did a great job with NTSC on the Vic. Just PAL mode is missing the final touch :-).
adimifus

Unread post by adimifus »

I brought up a while back that Skate or Die wasn't loading on the C64 core (would hang every time after the EA screen, just before the title screen) but it now works fine on every version I've tried, original or cracked. Thanks for all the work on this core (and all the others)!
TLPD-AVW

Unread post by TLPD-AVW »

adimifus wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:26 am I brought up a while back that Skate or Die wasn't loading on the C64 core (would hang every time after the EA screen, just before the title screen) but it now works fine on every version I've tried, ORIGINAL or cracked.
The original does? I have a .g64 image of the original disk and it gives up after several seconds. There's a .d64 image floating around with an exact same disk directory and an Electronic Arts logo on load, but I assume it has copy protection silently removed. The original disk had a PirateSlayer copy protection.
Grumpy-Old-Gamer

Unread post by Grumpy-Old-Gamer »

It's getting there and shows how much can be done with a 20 year old FPGA core. There is still some VIC-II issues to solve mostly in FLI/IFLI/SHI graphics for example
adimifus

Unread post by adimifus »

TLPD-AVW wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:32 pm The original does? I have a .g64 image of the original disk and it gives up after several seconds. There's a .d64 image floating around with an exact same disk directory and an Electronic Arts logo on load, but I assume it has copy protection silently removed. The original disk had a PirateSlayer copy protection.
You're right. My .g64 image gets stuck at the EA screen. What I called "original" is a .d64 without any crack intros, probably the one you're referring to. Still better than it was, though.