Latest C64 core will not load disk images

Fluff

Latest C64 core will not load disk images

Unread post by Fluff »

I have the latest C64 core dated 21-07-01 installed with the JiffyDOS ROM image and it will not load disk images. I mount the D64 file from the OSD, then press SHIFT+ESC or F7, but I get a "device not present" error.

If I load up a slightly earlier version 20-11-08 of the core from 2020 with the very same JiffyDOS ROM image, then I can load and use the same D64 files just fine. All common configuration settings betweek the two core revisions are the same, as far as I can tell.

Any ideas on how to solve this? I've tried erasing core version 21-07-01 and reinstalling it, however it didn't help. I can load CRT and PRG files okay, it's just disk files that fail to load. I haven't tried tape files, because I believe JiffyDOS doesn't support tape loading.

I tried using DolphinDos and even the standard C64 kernal, but they each give the same error when loading from disk: "device not present error". It's almost like the core cannot detect the virtual disk drive.

I've set drives 8 and 9 to be always present, as well as 'present when mounted'. It made no difference. Parallel port setting is enabled.

I've used the update_all script already to update core MiSTer components, however it hasn't helped, either. For now, I'm using the 20-11-08 release of the C64 core as a workaround and it works flawlessly, but it would be nice to get the latest release working.
NML32

Re: Latest C64 core will not load disk images

Unread post by NML32 »

Verify from the OSD that you have the latest (as of now) MiSTer v210724 and OS v210711
Fluff

Unread post by Fluff »

OSD says I have MiSTer v210724 and C64 v210701. Weird thing is, I have been wrestling with this for a few days before posting and it has just now started working. I haven't changed any settings except for some SID settings. Very odd. Anyway, I won't complain, since it seems to be working now.
NML32

Unread post by NML32 »

Fluff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:41 pm OSD says I have MiSTer v210724 and C64 v210701. Weird thing is, I have been wrestling with this for a few days before posting and it has just now started working. I haven't changed any settings except for some SID settings. Very odd. Anyway, I won't complain, since it seems to be working now.
Great, I'm glad it started working. :)