C64 Couple questions, River Raid, Skate or Die!

dougan78

C64 Couple questions, River Raid, Skate or Die!

Unread post by dougan78 »

In River Raid the higher dinging sound when your fuel tank is already full when flying over a fuel tank doesnt play. Anyone else experience this?

Skate or Die! doesnt load at all. Might be my disks and before I go chasing down alternate disks, I know the ones I have work on my retroarch setup so just curious if others had issues with Skate or Die!

Thanks in advance!
segamemister

Re: C64 Couple questions, River Raid, Skate or Die!

Unread post by segamemister »

Relating Skate or die from the gamebase collection

I can confirm that one version eventually crashes the core to a hard rest

V2 loads the game but dosnt load any events away to check

https://csdb.dk/release/?id=31139 bingo that version works fine try three events completely suck at the game also tell you when to switch disks - sides
dougan78

Thanks, you are correct I have a gb64 set. I like to use g64 when possible but I will start testing some other ones on csdb then if I run into those issues. For skate or die I had a d64 and g64 ones but d64 doesn’t load at all and the g64 loads the eca loader like my originals but then crashes.
dougan78

segamemister wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:37 pm Relating Skate or die from the gamebase collection

I can confirm that one version eventually crashes the core to a hard rest

V2 loads the game but dosnt load any events away to check

https://csdb.dk/release/?id=31139 bingo that version works fine try three events completely suck at the game also tell you when to switch disks - sides
I tested this one on my mister and got to the cracktros and then to a grey screen and that was it. I tested the easyflash release and that one worked for me.

River Raid I tested the nostalgia release and that one had the sounds for fuel full when fueling. Not that I am expecting 100% emulation as I know stuff is WIP which is great and I am sure things will improve over time. So at least I know go hunting for when one of my 345 favs I had on retroarch dont work on my mister, so thank you for that and its no biggie.

Thanks to all who make this stuff possible its great!