eXoFlynn Top 300 DOS Pack Updates and Support

flynnsbit

Re: eXoFlynn Top 300 DOS Pack Updates and Support

Unread post by flynnsbit »

Nemesis2k wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:57 pm I have been having some random issues with this pack. I cannot save a game in Discworld and it has randomly crashed on me throwing up the "secondary VHD not mounted error". Also when I run Fast DOOM, I can browse the menu but when I start a game it freezes and my core needs to be rebooted. When I try and run Fast DOOM II it just kicks me back to the 300 menu.

Any ideas?
Failing to the dos prompt is something I need to dig into. That secondary error message is a dump message that is basically the last thing listed in the autoexec.bat and it is to catch people that don't mount anything to IDE 0-1 in the core. So in your case it means nothing. if you are sitting on E:\ when that fails and you can DIR and get a directory structure, the VHD is mounted.

For Fast Doom, have you run the update script lately? I had to move some things around to make it work, but it should work with HIRAM. You can also try using EMM. I haven't had time to really sit down and play but I know others have.

For Discworld, It's probably memory related, so mess with the other options on boot and see if it makes a difference (EMM or QEMM) I've played a good 30- hour of discworld 1 just fine, Discword 2 has a terrible audio bug that is for sure a core issue.
Nemesis2k

Unread post by Nemesis2k »

I have only built my MiSTer this weekend and everything is freshly installed and updated with current scripts.

I have tried to play DW for an hour approx with no crash however, I will save the game, type in a filename, then when I go to load there is nothing there.

See video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_iMk4Ve5O4
martini2

Unread post by martini2 »

I assume the 'ao486 top 300 pack' from archive.org is the same as the 'eXoFlynn Top 300 DOS Pack'. I have installed the former but can not get the update script to work. The vhds ('IDE 0-0 BOOT-DOS98.vhd' 'IDE 0-1 Top 300 DOS Games.vhd') are in /media/fat/games/AO486/vhd and this is the path i have set in the "AO486_Update_Top300_Pack.ini" file but when i run "AO486_Update_Top300_Pack.sh" it shows this error

Code: Select all

This script updates the (flynnsbit AO486 - Top 300 DOS Games pack) VHD to fix games and add features that were not 
included in the original version.  This script directly mounts and modifies the VHD in one step. If the script fails
to find your VHD you will need to edit the script and change the User options at the top to fit your setup and re-run.
Please backup any changes you have made to the pack before running this update.

Script version v.0.9
Press any key to continue . . .
Downloading and executing
AO486_Update_Top300_updater.sh

Couldn't find disk image in "/media/fat/games/AO486/vhd/games/AO486".
The script appends /games/AO486 to the path and this obviously fails. I can not find this 'User options' that have to be changed in the script. Can anyone give me a hint how to solve this?
flynnsbit

Unread post by flynnsbit »

martini2 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:12 pm I assume the 'ao486 top 300 pack' from archive.org is the same as the 'eXoFlynn Top 300 DOS Pack'. I have installed the former but can not get the update script to work. The vhds ('IDE 0-0 BOOT-DOS98.vhd' 'IDE 0-1 Top 300 DOS Games.vhd') are in /media/fat/games/AO486/vhd and this is the path i have set in the "AO486_Update_Top300_Pack.ini" file but when i run "AO486_Update_Top300_Pack.sh" it shows this error

Code: Select all

This script updates the (flynnsbit AO486 - Top 300 DOS Games pack) VHD to fix games and add features that were not 
included in the original version.  This script directly mounts and modifies the VHD in one step. If the script fails
to find your VHD you will need to edit the script and change the User options at the top to fit your setup and re-run.
Please backup any changes you have made to the pack before running this update.

Script version v.0.9
Press any key to continue . . .
Downloading and executing
AO486_Update_Top300_updater.sh

Couldn't find disk image in "/media/fat/games/AO486/vhd/games/AO486".
The script appends /games/AO486 to the path and this obviously fails. I can not find this 'User options' that have to be changed in the script. Can anyone give me a hint how to solve this?
simply move your vhds to AO486 instead of a vhd directory...