CD-Rom support under DOS

zomgugoff

Re: CD-Rom support under DOS

Unread post by zomgugoff »

It seems having more than 2 partitions causes a conflict with a CD driver loaded. I have a drive image with 4 partitions (C,D,E,F). With a driver loaded, I can access the drives, but if I try to change directory on E or F, I get "Invalid Directory". I haven't even loaded mscdex at this point.
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

I just tried the latest version of XDVD2, the driver also works:

http://optimizr.no-ip.org/dos/drivers.html
Caldor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Caldor »

bbond007 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:05 am
wark91 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:50 pm 2 point - With CD player of Win98 I can select track but no sound is played and the time of the track is not increase or decrease. I have a Disk led is bliking that"s all.
"Currently only data portion of CD is supported." --> https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/ao486_M ... /README.md
This readme was made when the first CD-Rom update for AO486 was released. It already mentioned bin/cue support in that update. The one released... yesterday i think it was... just said it had gotten cue support. So maybe it supports audio tracks now and the readme just did not get updated? Probably not, but seems worth a test.
xtcrefugee

Unread post by xtcrefugee »

XDVD2 seems to consume the same memory as xcdrom (which makes sense as it's written by the same guy) except XDVD2 adds an XMS cache and takes a little longer to start. They seem to benchmark the same as the others (unfortunately still 3x-4x slower under Windows than real DOS).
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

Caldor wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:19 am
bbond007 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:05 am
wark91 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:50 pm 2 point - With CD player of Win98 I can select track but no sound is played and the time of the track is not increase or decrease. I have a Disk led is bliking that"s all.
"Currently only data portion of CD is supported." --> https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/ao486_M ... /README.md
This readme was made when the first CD-Rom update for AO486 was released. It already mentioned bin/cue support in that update. The one released... yesterday i think it was... just said it had gotten cue support. So maybe it supports audio tracks now and the readme just did not get updated? Probably not, but seems worth a test.
I think support for audio tracks would have been mentioned in an updated readme. Support for cue fixes some issues, Alien Trilogy now runs when you load the cue file. When I tried to mount the bin file with the previous version the complained said that it couldn't find the game disc.