Games launch from TDL, have sound, no picture

zetastrike

Games launch from TDL, have sound, no picture

Unread post by zetastrike »

I currently have the latest updates on my Mister (ran the updater this morning). I have the flynnsbit "8GB_DOS71_QEMM.vhd" set as drive 0 and I'm using the "19xx.vhd" as drive 1. At first, the system was hanging at the boot splash image and wouldn't go any further until I removed the logo.sys file from the vhd. I'm now able to get to TDL and select games. On any of the 1990+ disks, games will launch, but the screen stays black while the sound plays and it does respond to key presses. I've included a picture of what happens when I launch Wolfenstein. In this example, the sound is playing, it's responding to my key presses, and the screen even flashes red when it goes to a different in game menu. When I use the 1980-1989.vhd, games will launch into corrupted graphics. I can tell that it is running and trying to display the game, but it looks like a mess of large pixels and random text characters. I've tried changing settings in the osd, but it didn't make a difference. I'm very dos-naive, so I was hoping I could find some advice here.

4NxElzB.jpeg
4NxElzB.jpeg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 2275 times

Here's another error I just got when trying to play NHL 94

TGAJd5M.jpg
TGAJd5M.jpg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 2275 times

I tried running Spear of Destiny and I got a message saying "Cannot run in DOS mode" while the game's sound was playing.