Missing Directory AO486 [Solved]

vampsthevampyre

Missing Directory AO486 [Solved]

Unread post by vampsthevampyre »

Can anybody help, been trying to set up Fynn's AO486 and somehow between using a usb stick and an external hard drive

(using ln -s /media/usb0/games/AO486 /media/fat/games/AO486/usb0)

but now I have the following

IDE 0-0 100MB-IDE-DOS98.vhd
IDE 0-1 exoflynn_17.vhd

The issue I now have is that I cannot change IDE 0-0; every time I try to change the vhd file I get a "Missing directory: AO486" error.

Is there any way to change this file, where is the current config held? and can I manually type in a new directory location.

Failing this what is the best way to totally remove AO486 and re-install

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Ian
tankjr

Re: Missing directory: AO486

Unread post by tankjr »

Move your files to /media/usb0/games/AO486 and delete /media/fat/games/AO486. MiSTer automatically looks for game directories and it checks your SD card first. If the directory doesn’t exist on your SD card, it next checks your USB drive. Everything should just work. No need to create symlinks. This is how I have mine set up.
vampsthevampyre

Thanks for the reply; unfortunately this has not cured the problem IDE 0-0 is still stuck and cannot be removed, even resetting the core clears the IDE 1-0 and IDE 1-1 files but not the IDE 0-0 and 0-1.

is it possible to reset the config files and remove these settings
allyourbasekris

Unread post by allyourbasekris »

I had a similar issue. I resolved it by making sure the AO486 directory was in all uppercase. I don't know if this will help your issue but it fixed mine.
tontonkaloun

Unread post by tontonkaloun »

tankjr wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:38 am Move your files to /media/usb0/games/AO486 and delete /media/fat/games/AO486. MiSTer automatically looks for game directories and it checks your SD card first. If the directory doesn’t exist on your SD card, it next checks your USB drive. Everything should just work. No need to create symlinks. This is how I have mine set up.
I think it's the other way around! First the USB then the SD
tontonkaloun

Unread post by tontonkaloun »

vampsthevampyre wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:21 pm Thanks for the reply; unfortunately this has not cured the problem IDE 0-0 is still stuck and cannot be removed, even resetting the core clears the IDE 1-0 and IDE 1-1 files but not the IDE 0-0 and 0-1.

is it possible to reset the config files and remove these settings
Delete or rename /config/ao486sys.cfg
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Unread post by flynnsbit »

Also, can you not manually unmount the bad VHD map in the IDE 0-0 screen, just hit the backspace key and then see if you can see where the directory actually is and if it shows up while still in the core.
vampsthevampyre

Thank you all for you help, I thought I had tried all the key combinations in the IDE 0-0 screen but it turns out I had missed the backspace key.

I how have all my dos files on an external hard drive and now just need a 8 day week so I can put a dent in playing some of these OG games

Once again thanks to everybody who offered support I hope to be able to repay the help soon

Ian
flynnsbit wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:29 pm Also, can you not manually unmount the bad VHD map in the IDE 0-0 screen, just hit the backspace key and then see if you can see where the directory actually is and if it shows up while still in the core.
tankjr

Unread post by tankjr »

Glad you got it working! The ao486 core is a treat for sure.