eXo/Flynn Top 300 DOS Pack Updates (Updated to 2.0.2 MyMenu) and Support

flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Re: eXoFlynn Top 300 DOS Pack Updates and Support

Unread post by flynnsbit »

Did you update to the very latest MiSTer build from yesterday? There was a fix pushed for this to main.
metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

flynnsbit wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:08 pm Did you update to the very latest MiSTer build from yesterday? There was a fix pushed for this to main.
i did yeah
Spark_Tek

Unread post by Spark_Tek »

flynnsbit wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:08 pm Did you update to the very latest MiSTer build from yesterday? There was a fix pushed for this to main.
I have applied it and updated the pack now and things are working. Reading the changelog looks like I got caught up in imgset's hiccup.

Thank you!
RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with using my mouse in certain games. Whenever I start Wing Commander and start the first mission, my mouse goes all wonky and erratic. Starts rapidly moving and firing everywhere without any input from me at all. Has anyone else experienced this?
RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

Is anyone else having an issue with Wing Commander 2 having no sound?
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

RalphJB wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:25 pm Starts rapidly moving and firing everywhere without any input from me at all. Has anyone else experienced this?
Not that specific problem.
But i have had mouse/keyboard/gamepad issues that where solved by unplugging other mouse/keyboard/gamepads.
One mouse problem was i once in a while got a rightclick out of the blue and sometime did not touch the mouse, suddenly it got way worse and happened
2-3 times an hour.
So bought a new mouse and when i got it home and had to move the pc to get to the back usb ports i decided maybe a cleaning after at least 3 years without touching it could be good :oops: .

And when unplugging everything i started untangling the cables which for some reason is always needed even if you plugged in everything 5min ago.
Then suddenly i had my old mouse that i had not seen/used for at least 3 years in my hands :shock:
It turned out that i never unplugged it and probably just moved it away a bit to test the new mouse and it probably got moved further away 2-3 times until it fell between wall and a cabin where it did fit snuggly and probably did a right click when i moved in some way :cry: .
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

RalphJB wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:25 pm Hi all,

I'm having an issue with using my mouse in certain games. Whenever I start Wing Commander and start the first mission, my mouse goes all wonky and erratic. Starts rapidly moving and firing everywhere without any input from me at all. Has anyone else experienced this?
Try changing the value of mouse_throttle in mister.ini. It's supposed to go from1-100, I have it set to "1" atm (for a wireless Logitech M185), YMMV. Not tried WC myself but have had very similar symptoms in other games.
RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

akeley wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:08 am
RalphJB wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:25 pm Hi all,

Try changing the value of mouse_throttle in mister.ini. It's supposed to go from1-100, I have it set to "1" atm (for a wireless Logitech M185), YMMV. Not tried WC myself but have had very similar symptoms in other games.
I'll try the above. Thanks for the advice.
jpxdude

Unread post by jpxdude »

Hi there,

This is fantastic, I did try a couple games, and it works very well, however I cannot get the MT32-PI unit to work with it, in fact, it doesn't show in the OSD either. I do have an older 5.5 IO board. Anyone know anything about how I can get this working? Thanks in advance!

**Edit - I have managed to get an updated 6.1 IO board, and everything is now working great. I am amazed at how well this core works with the MT32-Pi. In my opinion, it is nothing short of wizardry! Thank you!

-J
phero

Unread post by phero »

Hello, and thank you for your efforts. I'm really enjoying these old games!

I'm also getting the "Error, No files found" with all games that use CDs after updating to the latest version.
I'm hoping someone can tell me how to revert to the previous version https://github.com/flynnsbit/Top300_upd ... ag/v.0.7.4
I'm not sure where I should put the extracted files.

Thank you!
Nemesis2k

Unread post by Nemesis2k »

DISCWORLD: When using the DOS Pack the menu points to Discworld installed on the E drive which does not allow saving. If you quit to DOS and navigate to the C drive and boot the version of Discworld installed there, you can save just fine. Is there an easy way to change the path on the DOS Pack menu?
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Nemesis2k wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:10 pm DISCWORLD: When using the DOS Pack the menu points to Discworld installed on the E drive which does not allow saving. If you quit to DOS and navigate to the C drive and boot the version of Discworld installed there, you can save just fine. Is there an easy way to change the path on the DOS Pack menu?
Yup, just run the 3_edit.bat file and change the path to the exe you are running.
Swainy

Unread post by Swainy »

Has anyone else had The Secret Of Monkey Island crash on them randomly? When it crashes, the cursor can still be moved but nothing can be selected and you can’t move the character around?
Captain FPGA

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

Also has anyone found a fix to the Duke Nukem crashing issue?
Dreams don't die!
twonunpackmule

Unread post by twonunpackmule »

Captain FPGA wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:01 am Also has anyone found a fix to the Duke Nukem crashing issue?
I'm just shocked I can actually play it now. I cannot play Atomic Edition. That still crashes and seems to not run well. However, the OG release of the first three episodes, runs rather well. I haven't played much of it, but it actually runs.
Nemesis2k

Unread post by Nemesis2k »

Another thing to note about discworld, you need to turn off L2 cache to prevent crashing. This may be worth trying in other games with stability issues like Monkey Island
Captain FPGA

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

twonunpackmule wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:04 pm
Captain FPGA wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:01 am Also has anyone found a fix to the Duke Nukem crashing issue?
I'm just shocked I can actually play it now. I cannot play Atomic Edition. That still crashes and seems to not run well. However, the OG release of the first three episodes, runs rather well. I haven't played much of it, but it actually runs.
Runs well?! I played it with crashing. Tried turning off the L2 cache, it stopped the crashing but it's too slow thus effectively making it unplayable. I'm aware turning off the L2 cache is mainly for games like that monkey title. Wish it could do more with Nukem.
Dreams don't die!
sharko

Unread post by sharko »

Swainy wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:21 am Has anyone else had The Secret Of Monkey Island crash on them randomly? When it crashes, the cursor can still be moved but nothing can be selected and you can’t move the character around?
I'm having the exact same issue. This is with the Ultimate Talkie Edition with MT32 enabled and using a MT32-pi. Also in Prince of Persia right at the end of level 1 the game hangs.
Swainy

Unread post by Swainy »

sharko wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:00 am
Swainy wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:21 am Has anyone else had The Secret Of Monkey Island crash on them randomly? When it crashes, the cursor can still be moved but nothing can be selected and you can’t move the character around?
I'm having the exact same issue. This is with the Ultimate Talkie Edition with MT32 enabled and using a MT32-pi. Also in Prince of Persia right at the end of level 1 the game hangs.
Yeah I’m using a MT32, I’ve also tried a couple of versions that don’t use the MT32 and I still had the same issue unfortunately.
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

For Secret of Monkey Island, you have to slow the core down or you end up with a talkie bug where it doesn't queue the game to continue. When this happens you can still save your game and then just load that saved game and it will pick up where you were. I've had the best success with Monkey Island with these settings:
qmm386, mem set to 16MB, 30Mhz, L1 off, L2 on

Some Misters seem fine with that, others still run into the lock bug. Best we can do I am afraid.
ash2fpga

Unread post by ash2fpga »

flynnsbit wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:01 am For Secret of Monkey Island, you have to slow the core down or you end up with a talkie bug where it doesn't queue the game to continue.
I would not be surprised if other games have to have the core slowed down. I remember QFG4 having issues with real hardware being too fast.

https://www.gog.com/forum/quest_for_glo ... _bug/post7
TheChuckster

Unread post by TheChuckster »

"Day of the Tentacle (1993)" is not showing up in the menu list for me even after I update again. Should I be trying to pull it down manually myself? Why would it have been skipped over in the first place? Why doesn't the updater try to fetch missing games?
Swainy

Unread post by Swainy »

TheChuckster wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:30 am "Day of the Tentacle (1993)" is not showing up in the menu list for me even after I update again. Should I be trying to pull it down manually myself? Why would it have been skipped over in the first place? Why doesn't the updater try to fetch missing games?
It’s missing on mine too.
Ross_Jolet

Unread post by Ross_Jolet »

I’ve been playing King’s Quest IV and after a certain amount of saves the game tells me that the save directory is full and locks up and I have to reboot. Anyone else had a similar problem?
DanHero

Unread post by DanHero »

Hi, I have a weird problem. I installed the pack, but I see that I don't need such a huge behemoth of CD games I won't play, the DOS games I love are mainly from the EGA age. So I deleted the vhd and the CD folder to install a much smaller vhd that could suit my needs better. Problem is, when I boot the core it still looks for the exoflynn files, even if I deleted them and specified a new vhd. It keeps showing the splash screen at the beginning. I tried everything, included manually installing the core anew, uploading boot files and deleting cfg files. Any tips?
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

Seems you're still using flynn's boot vhd. Try to unmount everything in MiSTer's OSD. If the vhd you made has DOS installed you can then mount it and use just that. Alternatively you can mount yours as secondary and still use flynn's boot vhd, it just needs some tweaks in autoexec.cfg to stop it looking for its own stuff.
hooxxx

Unread post by hooxxx »

Hi,

How can I enable text in ultimate talkie edition of Secret of Monkey Island? I want to play with both text and voice acting.
Swainy

Unread post by Swainy »

hooxxx wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:02 am Hi,

How can I enable text in ultimate talkie edition of Secret of Monkey Island? I want to play with both text and voice acting.
Do you have an MT32 Hat?
hooxxx

Unread post by hooxxx »

Swainy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 am

Do you have an MT32 Hat?
Yes I have, sound works fine (music and voice acting) no problems here but I want to eneble text/subtitles.
Moosey82

Unread post by Moosey82 »

hooxxx wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:31 am
Swainy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 am

Do you have an MT32 Hat?
Yes I have, sound works fine (music and voice acting) no problems here but I want to eneble text/subtitles.
Control & T changes the text and speech options.