AO486 - Profile Support like Minimig?

cursedverses

AO486 - Profile Support like Minimig?

Unread post by cursedverses »

I'm currently setting up a Win95 install to go alongside my eXo top 300 setup in AO486. I considered having the Win95 alongside the eXo drives, but I reckon the Win98 DOS will cause problems (maybe...?)

So I'm setting up a new drive in AO486 which will be entirely separate to the eXo 486, but my lazy self doesn't want to have to faff around changing the drives each time I want to switch.

In Minimig I'm switching between the default and one of the extra profiles to boot a stock WB3.1 and AROS respectively and it's very clean and quick.

I wondered if anyone with the ability (I'll happily learn how to, but it'll take time!) who thinks this is a good idea would consider adding this?
verm71

Re: AO486 - Profile Support like Minimig?

Unread post by verm71 »

Yes, I believe I would also find that very handy for switching between DOS 6, Win95 and Win98 easily. I was just thinking about that this week too.
Sorgelig
Site Admin

Unread post by Sorgelig »

In ao486 there are no much chings to change between "profiles". I switch between windows and dos often. The only thing you need to do is to switch vhd file.
Caldor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Caldor »

Sorgelig wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:44 am In ao486 there are no much chings to change between "profiles". I switch between windows and dos often. The only thing you need to do is to switch vhd file.
I also think the command tool that can help switch CDs can be used to switch VHDs, so I think batch files can pretty much change settings?
Sorgelig
Site Admin

Unread post by Sorgelig »

imgtool made mainly for CD swapping. I don't remember if it possible to change primary VHD.