Mouse Issues - MSDOS SVGA

douglasamcintosh

Mouse Issues - MSDOS SVGA

Unread post by douglasamcintosh »

Hello,

I hope this is not a well known issue that I have missed.

I am using a couple of 'graphical' msdos programs. Acrobat Reader and RIPterm in particular. I have the most up to date boot1.rom and have tried with and without running univbe.exe.

Often the mouse pointer vanishes entirely, though it is still present as I can make it click thing invisibly. Or sometimes the mouse pointer is present but leaves a black trail of graphical corruption trailing behind it.

Is there an easy fix?

Thanks for any help. I have tried basic Googling.

Douglas
Blitzwing

Re: Mouse Issues - MSDOS SVGA

Unread post by Blitzwing »

Interesting, I suppose it probably doesn't crop up to much if it is a bug, as I doubt many people are using applications designed to show a mouse pointer in DOS. I know from my own experience though I've never had it in Warcraft 1 and theme hospital.

I can try to find a copy of Acrobat reader just to attempt to rule out something on your end.
douglasamcintosh

Thanks. I used the copy from Winworld. You'll need to type in the serial key from the download page.

I don't have the issue on word perfect 6 when I put it in graphics mode. I can use QModem Pro for my needs. RipTerm just looks prettier.
douglasamcintosh

Working now. Made a new drive and it all seems good. Not sure what changed.
Blitzwing

Unread post by Blitzwing »

douglasamcintosh wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:35 pm Working now. Made a new drive and it all seems good. Not sure what changed.
That's great glad you got it working, never found a moment to sit in front of the MiSTer to get it done until now.

Not that it matters now but I couldn't replicate the issue you were having, I guess just like all electronics/software things can just go awry sometimes. :roll: