Windows 95 setup / misterfs

Megahurtz

Windows 95 setup / misterfs

Unread post by Megahurtz »

I recently started exploring the ao486 core and downloaded a Win95 vhd to get me going. It kept getting stuck at the first time setup, but I eventually fixed that problem by renaming ESDI_506.pdr in the Windows\System\IOSubsys directory. At this point, Win95 boots and runs.

Next I tried to get MiSTerFS up and running. I edited my autoexec to mount it to N:. In Windows, a N: drive shows up labeled MiSTer and can view whatever files I have FTP'd into there. However, I can't actually read or write to the drive from File Explorer. I keep getting a message that the drive is inaccessible. Rebooting into DOS or opening a DOS prompt from within Win95 *does* work and can copy files back and forth. So only the GUI/File Explorer seems to be having issues. Is this the expected behavior for misterfs in Win95? Or should I be able to drag and drop files back and forth?
toastboy

Re: Windows 95 setup / misterfs

Unread post by toastboy »

That's the current state of misterfs on AO486, or at least it was when I last tried.
As you point out, it works fine in DOS, but windows just hangs.
gibs

Unread post by gibs »

Maybe it can help ?

(You should try with command promt only)
Megahurtz

Unread post by Megahurtz »

toastboy wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:42 pm That's the current state of misterfs on AO486, or at least it was when I last tried.
As you point out, it works fine in DOS, but windows just hangs.
Thanks for confirming. I haven't touched this core much over the last year, definitely since all the advancements were made, and had a lot to catch up on. I'll just open a DOS prompt to copy files back and forth. I was kind of surprised that a DOS prompt from inside Windows worked when Windows itself couldn't though.