Merging VHD files?

Gumdoc

Merging VHD files?

Unread post by Gumdoc »

Hi all, not sure if this has been asked/answered. I want to use the VHD files that flynnsbit created for DOS games (I already have the Top 300 one), but they are separated by year, for example, 1991-2000 are 10 separate files. Is there any (relatively) easy way to merge or combine these?

Thanks for any help.
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: Merging VHD files?

Unread post by akeley »

There's a whole exoDOS collection on archive adapted by flynnsbit. It's 60GB + you need to supply many CDROMS yourself.

Alternatively, you can get all these by-year vhds, copy everything to one directory, run TDL indexer on it and then copy it all to one huge vhd. It'd be a bit of work though.
Gumdoc

Unread post by Gumdoc »

I did see that file, it's 60 GB but the torrent is actually around 187 GB. There's a 128 GB file and a 60 GB file with a similar name but it's .7z, is that smaller file just the zipped version of the full file?

What exactly does that mean, I need to supply the CD ROMS myself? Meaning, there's just a placeholder for those games but I have to actually provide the CD files to get it to work?

Thanks.
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

I don't actually use these collections ( made my own TDC adaptation) so can't say for sure, but yes, I suppose it's a sort of placeholder, at least for CDROM games. The whole exodos collection is ~500GB and most of its bulk are CD ROMS, mainly from year 1992 onwards, so it has to be. Flynnsbit is active here so maybe he'll explain it better.

My own collection has everything up till 1992 and it's just 4.5GB. For the later years I only add games I actually want to play, otherwise all this stuff takes too much space (though I guess if you use a dedicated HDD it doesn't really matter).