MSX Core How to copy files to VHD? [Solved]

TheMrAwesomeness

MSX Core How to copy files to VHD? [Solved]

Unread post by TheMrAwesomeness »

Hi, I'm a novice to VHD's and information about creating one for the MSX core is scarce. I know you need to use a program called sdcreate, but I can't figure out how to get the program to work. I have a pre-made VHD I found, but it has an outdated version of Sofarun, so I would like to put the updated files in there, and there are some games I would like to put on there that aren't already on the VHD. I am able to access the VHD file with 7zip, but it won't let me copy files to the VHD with it. Does anyone have some pointers?
TheMrAwesomeness

Re: MSX Core: How to copy files to VHD?

Unread post by TheMrAwesomeness »

Never mind, I got it working! I’ll keep this topic up so anyone who might need help in the future can see it. You just download and install ImDisk Toolkit, mount the VHD, make your changes you need, and unmount it. That simple! The newest version of Sofarun is working, and the new games I added worked just as they should.
Recoil

Unread post by Recoil »

Cool thanks for info
kathleen
Top Contributor

Unread post by kathleen »

Thank you @TheMrAwesomeness for the trick, I was not knowing InDisk, good catch !

かすりん

vampier

Unread post by vampier »

if you use Windows10 Pro you can just double click the VHD image, just use the computer management studio to unmounted the VHD.
kalach.x

Re: MSX Core How to copy files to VHD? [Solved]

Unread post by kalach.x »

It is possible to mount FAT16 hard disk image in Linux (remote connection to Mister terminal) and then you will be able to copy files directly to hard disk image using eg. FTP without needing to copy big VHD images back and forth.

Instructions: https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... mmand-line
Be sure to use umount to unmount disk image from the directory before you start using it. Disk image loads while mounted but I guess it is not very safe to have it mounted while using it in MSX core because that may quickly lead to data corruption while doing writes.

ps. Same trick should work for ao486 disk images!