MSX disc switching problem for Ys II

Texemosis

MSX disc switching problem for Ys II

Unread post by Texemosis »

hello, I cannot switch games for Ys II for several reasons. So I got the easy setup VHC from Pezz 82 on youtube. The HDD game of Ys II he set up, it always crashes a second after I boot it, as for the disk versions... well the only games I can switch disks are special files where all the disks were merged into one game file. Ys II doesn't appear to have a rom like that. Thus I get stuck on the "switch to data disk screen" and the MisTer core doesn't let you mount a new disk from the f12 menu. If it did, this would've been simpler. Well nuts, is their anything useful anyone can tell me?
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: MSX disc switching problem for Ys II

Unread post by akeley »

Texemosis

well I tried, it was a bit of a lemon. If anyone is still updating this core, please make it possible to change game disks through the F12 menu. That whole method with the bat file and EP.COM is a trial and a half. Plus I didn't get it to work.
fraggore@sky.com

Unread post by fraggore@sky.com »

hold down control on your keyboard and the number key for the disk number you want and press space works on a few others i have tried so if you want disk 2 hold control and number 2 and press space and so on hope that helps.
Texemosis

ah, I noticed something odd about that. The screen blacks out for a few minutes, then goes back to saying "insert the data disk" again.