MSX sofarun write error writing A:

Lisko

MSX sofarun write error writing A:

Unread post by Lisko »

Hi, I'm on latest msx core and latest boot.vhd (smokemonster pack) and when I try to run games carts from the zips archives, when it goes to unstore them after few seconds I get a writing error on a: and the game does not run. No problem on hdd games. I have verified the write access and it works well in file manager or for storing sofarun settings also the unzipped file is created in vhd but is corrupted. The vhd is stored in a CIFS mount with verified write access. Any suggestions? Thanks

EDIT: I want to add that having the vhd in local folder works fine. I don't know if it's a bug of the core or if for some design reason it can't work on cifs. It's strange though from the moment that other msx applications can read/write fine, maybe a sofarun bug? I also noticed that when the write fails over cifs the core osd become laggish as hell...
wark91
Core Developer

Re: MSX sofarun write error writing A:

Unread post by wark91 »

I think you have Nextor used in the place of MSDos. Nextor are not able to emulate a A: or another Floppy device.
Could you please execute this command 'ver' on the shell ?
Lisko

Re: MSX sofarun write error writing A:

Unread post by Lisko »

wark91 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:40 pm I think you have Nextor used in the place of MSDos. Nextor are not able to emulate a A: or another Floppy device.
Could you please execute this command 'ver' on the shell ?
I don't think the issue is related to this because everything is fine when having the vhd on internal SD. I have that problem when the VHD is in a CIFS (Samba) mount. It's strange because some writes are good but others, especially when unzipping ROMs, fails... Maybe it's related to some low-level access the core needs, I don't know...