SCUMMVM

bbond007
Top Contributor

Re: SCUMMVM

Unread post by bbond007 »

Televicious wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:45 pm All of them, digital sound effects like speech stay pretty solid only ocassionally glitching, but FM music and mt32 lag out and are constantly popping or stuttering. Shadows of darkness music gets it real bad. It's like the audio bit rate is too high or mismatched. MI, sam n max, all of em have laggy sound processing.
There are 3 different Adlib emulator options. Which are you using?

I recommend against using MUNT but FluidSynth (and FM) work great for me.
Televicious

Unread post by Televicious »

Thanks, I switched from mame opl to dosbox and it is smooth.
OriginalXOR

Unread post by OriginalXOR »

A quick compatibility question for people using this if I may...

Has anybody had any luck getting Broken Sword 2.5: The Return of the Templars (Fanmade game) running on MiSTer? As when I try and launch it I am just presented with a black screen and no obvious activity.

From what I've seen it is supposed to work but as it's resolution is 800x600 I feel like I'm missing something. Any setting adjustments that I should be using would be greatly appreciated to get this working.

As this is fanmade and freeware I don't think I'm breaking any rules by posting links if people want to check it out, they even provide download links on ScummVMs own website.

https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?titl ... _Sword_2.5
https://www.scummvm.org/frs/extras/Brok ... 5-v1.0.zip
http://www.brokensword25.com
NML32

Unread post by NML32 »

OriginalXOR wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:31 am A quick compatibility question for people using this if I may...

Has anybody had any luck getting Broken Sword 2.5: The Return of the Templars (Fanmade game) running on MiSTer? As when I try and launch it I am just presented with a black screen and no obvious activity.

From what I've seen it is supposed to work but as it's resolution is 800x600 I feel like I'm missing something. Any setting adjustments that I should be using would be greatly appreciated to get this working.

As this is fanmade and freeware I don't think I'm breaking any rules by posting links if people want to check it out, they even provide download links on ScummVMs own website.

https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?titl ... _Sword_2.5
https://www.scummvm.org/frs/extras/Brok ... 5-v1.0.zip
http://www.brokensword25.com
I get a blank screen with Broken Sword 2.5 and Full Pipe.
Milspex

Unread post by Milspex »

I got fullscreen running by putting [MENU] video_mode=8 and [scummvm] video_mode=8 in mister.ini (on hdmi 1080p)
werpu

Unread post by werpu »

Btw. Love to have Scummvm in Mister, the most annoying thing however is to have to to through the script menu to start it instead of being able simply to load it over the cores menu. This breaks the fluidity of the starting workflow and reduces the convenience. I can understand why, but is there a way around it?
Milspex

Unread post by Milspex »

It's probably possible to compile a core file that just boots the script from the scripts folder , for convenience.

so scummvm.rbf that boots a script

or a scummvm.mra that boots a script
Milspex

Unread post by Milspex »

I have been trying to get scumm to work with the remastered theme but it always defaults to builtin.

I've tried different paths, editing scumm.ini etc etc but whenever I select "change theme" it only shows the default builtin and none of the themes in the themes directory even though the path is set correctly.

Every youtube video I've seen shows them simply clicking "change theme" and selecting scummremastered.zip, but Ive been pulling hairs out trying to get this to work.
MrX_Cuci

Unread post by MrX_Cuci »

Themes need to be zipped and every scummvm version needs his own theme version. If you use ScummVM 2.2 you can install the windows version of 2.2 and copy the themes over to the themes path you set in Mister ScummVM. Hope this helps.

+1 for a RBF or MRA file
Milspex

Unread post by Milspex »

thanks I will try this
werpu

Unread post by werpu »

Milspex wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:15 pm It's probably possible to compile a core file that just boots the script from the scripts folder , for convenience.

so scummvm.rbf that boots a script

or a scummvm.mra that boots a script
Any links how to do that, mra file sounds reasonable, but I looked into the file format and it seems to be an arcade rom descriptor.
Milspex

Unread post by Milspex »

Core folder only reads rbf files, otherwise you could have stuck that scummvm.sh script in there and run it like that
werpu

Unread post by werpu »

Yes thats the problem, so no way to run a script from the main menu the easy way, you always will have to go through scripts...
Meringues

Unread post by Meringues »

Sorry for off topic but didn’t want to start a new thread, would MT32-pi support be possible? I would imagine it may be a problem as it doesn’t run as a native core and you can’t access the OSD
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

Just run ao486 or the Amiga core with MIDI sound...
Mellified

Unread post by Mellified »

Meringues wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:49 pm Sorry for off topic but didn’t want to start a new thread, would MT32-pi support be possible? I would imagine it may be a problem as it doesn’t run as a native core and you can’t access the OSD
If you use a USB to MIDI adapter instead of the USER port connection you can use MIDI with SCUMMVM.
cyb4

Unread post by cyb4 »

ScummVM seems to not work anymore - some library is missing (I believe it's been happening since one of the last Linux updates for Mister). Anyone else also having problems with everything updated?
bbond007
Top Contributor

cyb4 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:25 pm ScummVM seems to not work anymore - some library is missing (I believe it's been happening since one of the last Linux updates for Mister). Anyone else also having problems with everything updated?
Yeah, it was broke :)

I have been happily running a newer build ScummVM personally, but I have also been very busy on another project and also sorta lost the motivation to update my MiSTer_ScummVM repo due to criticism from ppl insisting that ScummVM does not belong on MiSTer.

Please run the installer again and it will be fixed - hopefully.

Perhaps, I will consider also updating the build binary, but a few people have already asked for this specific fix and it was very simple - adding the missing .deb --> https://github.com/bbond007/MiSTer_Scum ... 184f072a68
cyb4

Unread post by cyb4 »

That works! You're great, dude!
rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

My thanks as well - whatever flak you got in the past, it *is* welcomed and appreciated! I'm not much for the 'kitchen sink' approach either, tbh, but this is one framework in particular that actually belongs on MiSTer IMHO.
blacklistedcard

Unread post by blacklistedcard »

bbond007 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:56 pm
cyb4 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:25 pm ScummVM seems to not work anymore - some library is missing (I believe it's been happening since one of the last Linux updates for Mister). Anyone else also having problems with everything updated?
Yeah, it was broke :)

I have been happily running a newer build ScummVM personally, but I have also been very busy on another project and also sorta lost the motivation to update my MiSTer_ScummVM repo due to criticism from ppl insisting that ScummVM does not belong on MiSTer.

Please run the installer again and it will be fixed - hopefully.

Perhaps, I will consider also updating the build binary, but a few people have already asked for this specific fix and it was very simple - adding the missing .deb --> https://github.com/bbond007/MiSTer_Scum ... 184f072a68
I hope you could compile the latest version of scumm. I use it on my mister all the time.
marcelosofth

Unread post by marcelosofth »

Is it possible to create a shortcut from ScummVM to the Mister Menu along with the other Cores?
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

It is not a core. Its just a linux program running on the other core of the Arm Chip
marcelosofth

Is it possible to open Arm Chip core and run ScummVM? That would be calling within the menu!
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

No because the Menu runs on the FPGA. The Menu is a core.
jvas

Unread post by jvas »

If the "Menu" as an FPGA core is able to run the ScummVM script, then why wouldn't be another one?
But even then: what is the point?
bbond007
Top Contributor

blacklistedcard wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:53 pm I hope you could compile the latest version of scumm. I use it on my mister all the time.
I am testing 2.3 now and its going well...

If that is successful then I'll try 2.5 - not sure what happened to 2.4 :)
marcelosofth wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:24 pm Is it possible to create a shortcut from ScummVM to the Mister Menu along with the other Cores?
It's important to maintain the distinction between the ScummVM application and the FPGA cores.

Such a change would create some confusion, but even more drama, so It's not a hill I'm willing to climb.

I put my ScummVM script under /media/fat/Scripts/_Ports_ that way its at the top of my list for easy access.

Hope that helps...
marcelosofth

Friend, how do I make ScummVM full screen on my TV?
bbond007
Top Contributor

marcelosofth wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:39 pm Friend, how do I make ScummVM full screen on my TV?
Generally you need to change the resolution of the Menu core.

These are just example settings as I have no idea with the specs and capabilities of your TV.

MiSTer.INI:

Code: Select all

[MENU]
vga_scaler=1
video_mode=6
ScummVM_2_X_X.sh:

Code: Select all

echo "Setting Video mode..."
vmode -r 640 480 rgb16
ScummVM/Options:

Graphics Mode: <default>
Render Mode: <default>
[X] Aspect ratio correction
[ ] Fullscreen mode
marcelosofth

Is it possible to use ScummVM with MT-32pi, I know AO486 Monkey Island works with MT-32pi and ScummVM too?