YES IT WILL!
Core in this post attachment. It is let's say beta version.
World is not ready to see this code and it will never be so I need to first refactor it before I push it to github
What you will find in this Genesis version of core is "smart blend" function that:
- add pattern based adaptive "smart blend"-ing with two patterns that cover most dithering patterns used by games
- smart blending has HUD filter option to fix blurring on HUDs and blending on elements in games which should not be smoothed out
- fixed Adaptive blending (now called as "Transparency" under Smart Blend) which had bug that blended left edges of objects which it shouldn't even attempt to blend (BTW. It was the very reason I didn't even use this option!)
- (from previous releases) FM Overdrive with high precision (twice as many bits!) YM2612/YM3438 and additional heavy metal sounding presets and options
- (from previous releases) Additional color palettes - Default and Raw RGB
- (from previous releases) CPU Turbo renamed as Blast Processing and put as the first option for convenience as most useful option which is not set-and-forget kind
Since last post most of the time I spent on finding the right HUD filter. This is something I will spend most of my time improving moving forward also
Yesterday I came up with the idea to add another pattern and it just worked and worked beautifully at that. Now almost all gradients now look uniform and consistent. At this point it seems (at least from photos made by user RegalCutlass) my 'selective dither blending' is more advanced than what Mega SG provides
Especially with ability to filter/fix HUD's
There are many ways in which this form of blending can be improved and regarding that I have a request for all of you: please post cases of games with issues in transparent objects/meshes. My method relies on previous 'adaptive' composite blend for transparent objects as it cannot (in current form at least) figure out it by itself it should blend them and this can produce artifacts. I will need some examples of games where issues can be seen to figure best way to blend them and/or if any potential fixes for adaptive blend are working. Also it would be appreciated if this was something seen early on in the game
And other than that just enjoy. Your feedback is much appreciated