CD BIOS Not Found?

Murderface1982

CD BIOS Not Found?

Unread post by Murderface1982 »

i've tried everything. i've sourced different roms, ive renamed the bios file boot.rom/ CD_bios.rom... i've tried different games, i've looked for a hidden extension at the end of the bios file.

Does anyone have any idea what could be my problem? I can't use the bios getter because my wi-fi dongle is cooked for soemthing... help!

Edit: after hours of trying... I moved the file from my SD card with the MEGACD files to the actual game folder on my external hard drive... it worked.

grizzly

Re: CD BIOS Not Found?

Unread post by grizzly »

I´m guessing that you had/have the Megacd files on the external drive?
If so thats probably why seems like many if not all cores have problem with having files/folder on different drives, you must have all "game" files on the same drive that is.
Can be good too know in the future!

And a barbecued dongel should not stop anyone from updating the MiSTer.
Because you can temporarily hook it up to a network cable, sure you maybe have too move the MiSTer/screen to do that but how long does that take?
And you can update without a screen if needed just turn on SSH then use a computer/phone with putty or any other SSH client, go too the scripts folder and run the update script using SSH adn it runs like normal.

Username/password if you have not changed it for SSH is.
User: root
Pass: 1
Televicious

Unread post by Televicious »

I'm having trouble. It used to be you select the bios.rom by region according to the game, but now it's all just one file name in the folder. So I split the regions into 3 different folders in the megacd folder each one has boot.rom and cd_bios.rom of the according region. none work like that. So I put the US bios in the main megacd folder and i get the US bios loaded and all US games work, but if I run a different region game it defaults to the US bios even though I have cd_bios.rom in the regional folders. How do you switch regions with this new bios structure? Do we really need 100's of folders?
Televicious

I just went through the EU list and made them all individual folders, they load the disc just by selecting the folder because it's one .cue and has the EU bios as cd_bios.rom, but it's still reverting to the main boot.rom on load and setting the region to US.
Does not make any sense. it would make more sense if the regions were linked to specific bios names according to the region set or in a regional folder as a whole. Were people having trouble setting the region before or something, because it used to work fine when you could just pick the bios you were using and then the disc. Now I can't get it to work with anything but one region because of a convoluted folder structure with multiple copies of bioses that are all named the same things.
Televicious

no matter what cd_bios.rom I have in the game folder it uses boot.rom in the main folder, if there is no boot.rom loading discs a notification says cd_bios.rom not found.
Televicious

Solved. When in doubt, different roms.