CD Audio Player in Bios is not moving onto the next track [Solved]

MadDog

CD Audio Player in Bios is not moving onto the next track [Solved]

Unread post by MadDog »

RESOLVED - Mar 02, 2021: Resolved in official release: viewtopic.php?p=19644#p19644

UPDATE - Feb 20, 2021: MiSTer OS update from zakk4223 below resolved this issue. Will need to be pushed out via official update channels.

It's been a long while since I last 'popped' in a .cue to just listen to the music, but I have in the past listened to the entire soundtrack on Sonic CD (Japan) with Mega CD (Japan) bios 1.00 without issue. Plays as if I have the CD in any CD player. Just tried today, and it will only play the track one-at-a-time. I have to click the skip back or forward, then it will play the track.

I don't think I've tried this since the summer, so I couldn't say when this became an issue. It's quite possible it's a "me" issue. I haven't changed any of the files on my SD card - same CUE/BINs, same BIOS. New issue.

Tested a few other games - Sonic CD (USA), and Ecco the Dolphin, both with SegaCD (USA) bios 1.10. Same issue no matter the game, no matter the bios.

I doubt many have loaded up a CUE just to listen to the soundtrack, so maybe no one else can vouch for me that this wasn't always an issue, but maybe it's not an issue for others and it's something on my end?

Can anyone else confirm if they notice this?
zakk4223

Re: CD Audio Player in Bios is not moving onto the next track

Unread post by zakk4223 »

I believe this is a bug that's my fault.

I have a fix, if you're able to test it that would be great. See the attached Mister binary in this comment https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/MegaCD_ ... -781989175

(just copy it to /media/fat/MiSTer)
MadDog

Unread post by MadDog »

zakk4223 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:36 am I believe this is a bug that's my fault.

I have a fix, if you're able to test it that would be great. See the attached Mister binary in this comment https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/MegaCD_ ... -781989175

(just copy it to /media/fat/MiSTer)
All systems go! This fixed it. I imagine you just need to push it for approval, or whatever, to get it out to everyone now.

Thanks a bunch! :D
zakk4223

Unread post by zakk4223 »

This is now fixed in the latest Main_MiSTer release