Transferring MegaSD Mega CD save to MiSTer

retrofan01

Transferring MegaSD Mega CD save to MiSTer

Unread post by retrofan01 »

I'd like to transfer my Snatcher save from my MegaSD (having saved to internal backup RAM in the game) to the MiSTer Mega CD core. The MegaSD produces two files - Snatcher (USA).bak and Snatcher (USA).SRM and my game folder on MiSTer is also named Snatcher (USA).

I've copied Snatcher (USA).SRM to \\mister\fat\saves\MegaCD\ and renamed it to Snatcher (USA).sav but the game doesn't seem to recognise it. I've also tried using Krikzz's 16to8 tool but the file generated via that method isn't recognised either and I'm not sure it's even applicable to the MegaSD.

Has anyone managed to transfer Mega CD saves between MegaSD and MiSTer and if so, how have you managed it?
Stupid Dufus

Re: Transferring MegaSD Mega CD save to MiSTer

Unread post by Stupid Dufus »

I haven't tried it, but maybe this tool would work? It's for Everdrive, but if the format for MegaSD is the same, it might work.

https://github.com/superg/srmtools
retrofan01

Unread post by retrofan01 »

Thanks, just tried that tool and it seems to output a 21KB .sav file which is the same size as the one generated by Krikzz's 16to8 utility (I suspect both tools do the same thing). Still no joy with it being recognised unfortunately.
gamesfan

Unread post by gamesfan »

I had some luck recently on this exact topic.. well kinda exact. I was playing Lunar on one of my SBCs using retroarch.
What I did was transfer the save to internal memory and the file wasnt the SRM for the game, it was the file called CART.BRM
I copied that and renamed it like you did and that is what worked for me and I was able to get my retroarch save working on Mister.