Audio Stuttering since April 2020

Godlance

Audio Stuttering since April 2020

Unread post by Godlance »

Hi, as stated in the subject there seems to be an stuttering issue on all releases since the 03/25/2020 one.

I already opened a ticket on github: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/MegaCD_MiSTer/issues/33

Has anyone noticed this issue? I'm stating to think that it has to be something related to my setup. I use an USB based setup loading cores and files from a 128GB USB 3.0 flashdrive with a powered official USB Hub.

I have no other problems in other cores and going back to the march release fixes everything.

Does anyone else have the same issue?
Blitzwing

Re: Audio Stuttering since April 2020

Unread post by Blitzwing »

I have the exact same problem, I guess most people have everything stored on SD card. I'm sure I didn't have that problem until I moved everything to USB SSD, now cd audio hitches every few seconds. I find it only hitches until the playing track has played to completion then restarts, after that it is fine until a new track starts. All I know is it is limited to Megacd as TGFXCD doesn't suffer with it.
teknomedic

Re: Audio Stuttering since April 2020

Unread post by teknomedic »

I haven't noticed this issue on my setup. I'm using a 5TB mechanical HDD. It's plugged into a powered USB hub that then plugs into my MiSTer USB board. I was having issues with my controller freezing with the hard drive plugged in directly (likely my board has a power issue as I'm using a 6amp PSU).

Sounds like you're both using solid state drives... one a USB flash stick and the other an SSD. Seems related somehow. Hopefully others with solid state setups can chime in to helo narrow it.