MegaCD bios not found... help.

replic_ant

MegaCD bios not found... help.

Unread post by replic_ant »

Hi guys,

So I’ve recently set up my MiSTer and SD card, and got all the console cores working without too many issues... apart from MegaCD.

I’ve downloaded 2 different sets of bios, and both don’t seem to work. The core always launches with a black screen, and if I try to boot up a game it says ‘bios file not found’.

I renamed it ‘boot.rom’ and have it in the media/fat/games/MegaCD folder and the roms are all in individual non zipped folders (bin and cue). I’ve even tried putting the bios into the rom folders labelled ‘cd_bios.rom’ and it still says the same thing! Argh.

Strangely, the sets I have are different. (.md and .bin files). Which should it be?

Can anyone help or let me know over PM where I can obtain working files?

Much appreciated!
Gryzor

Re: MegaCD bios not found... help.

Unread post by Gryzor »

Hi there,

Try copying the boot.rom file into the MegaCD folder on the root of the SD card, instead of the /games/MegaCD one.
That should do the trick.
replic_ant

Thanks for that suggestion.

Unfortunately, I tried it, and it didn’t work. Still said ‘bios not found’.

I moved the entire MegaCD folder out of the games folder and onto the root, but no joy...

I’m still not sure if my bios files are the problem.

Oh well, at least my other console cores work.
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Unread post by Moondandy »

If you are willing to use the BIOS getter script (now included in the update all script) then it will grab the various BIOS files you need. It's not an official script though.
replic_ant

I finally figured it out!! There was nothing wrong with my original BIOS files. After I’d renamed it to ‘boot.rom’, I discovered there was a hidden extension. So it was actually called ‘boot.rom.md’. Once I’d deleted the ‘.md’ part it worked perfectly.

So happy!