SNAC Light Gun

Televicious

SNAC Light Gun

Unread post by Televicious »

Hey, I have a justifier and plugged into SNAC, not getting any response. Are lightguns working with genesis/sega cd though SNAC? I saw an nes zapper release for genesis, about to try that out too. Wondering if the 9-pin Justifier is supported officially yet or if mine needs repair.
RationalRampage

Re: SNAC Light Gun

Unread post by RationalRampage »

Just a guess here, but have you tried the LLAPI versions of the cores? You'll find a setting for SNAC in there you'll want to turn on. Also, what version is your IO board? I believe that anything older than v6.1 can't do genesis stuff without a modification.
retrorepair

Unread post by retrorepair »

RationalRampage wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:47 am Just a guess here, but have you tried the LLAPI versions of the cores? You'll find a setting for SNAC in there you'll want to turn on. Also, what version is your IO board? I believe that anything older than v6.1 can't do genesis stuff without a modification.
The official release will work: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Genesis ... 71b0743185
Televicious

IO is 6.1, my genesis controllers work in SNAC, but the lightgun does not. I checked the lightgun cable and board continuity and it all checks out, but start and trigger aren't being recognized let alone the sensor. That release says virtual lightgun support, which is what makes me question actual light guns being supported. I remember previous releases specifying which light gun was being used. Will go back and see if old ones work. I don't think LLAPI would change anything, I do not have blister or any of that, just SNAC going to the IO board "usb" type port.
Televicious

Ahhh I figured it out. Justifier has janky wiring and the adapter shifts around too. Got it shooting and pausing and tracking it's shots by twisting and shaking the wire. Looks like a rewiring is in it's near future. Thanks.
twonunpackmule

Unread post by twonunpackmule »

Last week I had Light Guns working over SNAC for Sega CD. However, I tried the other day, after updating, and the lightguns no longer work. Hopefully, maybe, someone can help me identify the issue? I was able to play Snatcher last week with both an M30 USB and a SNAC connected Justifier. Today, I can't even play Lethal Enforcers. I didn't want to start another thread for a problem that seems to be similar.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
twonunpackmule

I was able to get the Lightgun working again by going back to a previous Core Build.

Core I had to roll back to was 20200620.
hiddenbyleaves

Unread post by hiddenbyleaves »

Hmmm.. I thought it was my Justifier that had a problem. I'll have to roll back and see.
iEqualShane

Unread post by iEqualShane »

SNAC now defaults to player 1 on the Genesis and MegaCD cores to match the behavior of the other cores. Genesis light guns need to be on player 2 port so you'll need to use the gamepad joy setting. I wonder if this can be messaged more clearly.
twonunpackmule

Oh, I’ll def try that out when I get a chance. I was able to get the Menacer finally recognized the other day. Man, is that gun garbage. Hahaha!