Getting Emulator Saves to work on MiSTer

arisqotle

Getting Emulator Saves to work on MiSTer

Unread post by arisqotle »

I like the MD RPG games. Due to the long storyline, these games can be saved in midway.
I have some Kega Fusion files for these RPG games and I was wondering if it was possible to get them to work on the MiSTer.
I have tried to renaming the .srm file to .sav, but failed. MiSTer can not identify the save state.
Do somebody have some suggestion?
ExCyber

Re: Getting Emulator Saves to work on MiSTer

Unread post by ExCyber »

I'm not sure what Kega Fusion does, but there's apparently a general issue among emulators and flash carts where some of them save SRAM with 16-bit words (corresponding to the CPU's view of the SRAM), while others save SRAM with 8-bit words (corresponding to the contents of the RAM chip). Genesis_MiSTer uses 8-bit SRAM files. There are EverDrive-related tools for converting between these formats, though I've never used them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MiSTerProject/ ... r_genesis/
arisqotle

Re: Getting Emulator Saves to work on MiSTer

Unread post by arisqotle »

ExCyber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:30 pm I'm not sure what Kega Fusion does, but there's apparently a general issue among emulators and flash carts where some of them save SRAM with 16-bit words (corresponding to the CPU's view of the SRAM), while others save SRAM with 8-bit words (corresponding to the contents of the RAM chip). Genesis_MiSTer uses 8-bit SRAM files. There are EverDrive-related tools for converting between these formats, though I've never used them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MiSTerProject/ ... r_genesis/
Thank you for your reply.
It works!
By the way, the save files between EverDrive and emulators (Fusion, Gens, Gens32 and so on) are universal, though the size of these save files are not the same.