NES Controller Issues

Slypty

NES Controller Issues

Unread post by Slypty »

I'm using a SNS30 by 8BitDO, and downloaded a NES pack with .nes and .fds games. When I place the ROMs and boot up, I can boot games fine, but after calibrating my SNS30 pad, the D-Pad only moves left. I don't have forward movement or 'A' button support even though its' been calibrated.

The controller works for all other Cores. I updated the .rbt to root but no change. Maybe it's the ROM pack? Anybody else have issues such as this?
MostroW

Re: NES Controller Issues

Unread post by MostroW »

If you've ever mapped controls on another controller before using the sns30 you might want to remove the joypad mapping file via command line or ssh on your mister.

I've had an issue with the snes core where the b & a were double assigned, so a was a&b and b was a&b, and no matter how many times i remapped it, it kept doing that untill i removed the mapping file.

So you might give that a try if that could be the problem
Slypty

Re: NES Controller Issues

Unread post by Slypty »

I haven't used any other control pads for this MiSter. I can try to remove the joypad mapping anyways. It's unusual because I had some .nes files prior to putting this pack in the NES folder, and those .nes had no issues with the pad. The pack includes multiple folders inside the NES folder, and FDS games.

I wasn't able to play the ROMs in the new packs NES Games folder, until I moved the .nes files to the root of the NES folder itself. Unfortunately the problem with the pad still exists, and the games I had working with the pad before also have the same issue.

Weirdly I'm now getting that same problem with the SMS folder. I'll try the remap command.