Using MiSTer for NES Youtube channel

AntialiasedPixel

Using MiSTer for NES Youtube channel

Unread post by AntialiasedPixel »

I looked for forum rules, hopefully the occasional on-topic self promotion post is ok!

My daughter and I started an NES themed Youtube channel where we are working our way through the Nintendo Power issues to play games from each issue. The episode we just put up is the first where we used the MiSTer to record the game footage. Works great through an Elgato HD60. Using the new 5x scale with vertical crop!

Latest episode:
NES Generation - Episode 21 - Battletoads & Nes Open Tournament Golf
redsteakraw

Re: Using MiSTer for NES Youtube channel

Unread post by redsteakraw »

So what are you using for controls, are you using the SNAC, or Daemonbite adapter or are you using a standard USB controller? I personally love the 2P Daemonbite adapter I made nothing beats the OG controllers for the authentic NES experience. Do you output to the CRT and capture through the HDMI? What is your setup?
Fear is the mind killer!
AntialiasedPixel

Re: Using MiSTer for NES Youtube channel

Unread post by AntialiasedPixel »

I've only got 1 Tomee Nes to USB adapter at the moment, so we played with 1 original controller, and then a USB Snes clone Retroflag controller that came with a raspberry pi Snes case I bought years back. I haven't done a ton of latency testing, but it's certainly way better than when we were playing on my PC via emulation. I've had the MiSTer for about a year, but didn't have a good capture setup until now.

For the video output, I had the hdmi on the MiSTer routed out to the Elgato HD60, and then the hdmi "through" on the Elgato that is supposed to be a straight pass through going to an hdmi monitor that we played on. I also have the analog board hooked up with a vga->svideo/composite adapater I got from Antonio Villena(https://www.antoniovillena.es/) which is outputting to an old wood grain 1980's TV(you can see the tv in the beginning of the youtube video). And finally, I also have a 1084s commodore monitor that I use sometimes with the analog board going to the RGB input.

TLDR: We could have played on a CRT while recording, but my CRTs are all like 12" ones, so easier to play on the LCD for 2 player games.