Chrono Trigger issue

casalaza

Chrono Trigger issue

Unread post by casalaza »

I will admit, I used the previous SNES core so I'm not sure if the issue was fixed. Last night I decided to boot up Chrono Trigger. I arrived at the part where you challenge Lucas bot at the fair and once I defeated the bot, the screen froze. I wasn't able to save or do anything. Not sure if this is the correct forum to bring this up, but wanted to bring up to the attention so that the great team working on the core could fix eventually. thanks
ExCyber

Re: Chrono Trigger issue

Unread post by ExCyber »

I don't think the latest release had any changes that would affect Chrono Trigger. What version(s) of the ROM do you see this problem with? Are you using any patches or cheats?
bootsector

Unread post by bootsector »

Depending on the version you had, there were some memory refresh issues that affected stability on several games, specially ones from Square. You shouldn't have those issues anymore on latest version. Please post here if otherwise.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

I have been able to successfully play through Chrono Trigger multiple times now for the past year without issues, so I'm assuming your issue is either related to a bad SDRAM module, bad ROM, or a very outdated SNES core.
birdybro~
casalaza

Unread post by casalaza »

I checked and there is no issue. Thanks everyone!