Possibly Solved: Can't get multitap to work properly.

SegaSnatcher

Possibly Solved: Can't get multitap to work properly.

Unread post by SegaSnatcher »

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I set it to 3-5p mode on my Super Multitap, turned on SNAC and Multitap in the SNES menu. The game even lets me choose "Man" for the third player, but I can't actually move the character at all. Is the multitap feature limited to USB only, like I can't use a real multitap?

Edit: I forgot that I believe SNAC only supports a single controller, so I think multitap support is really for USB on MiSTer. Can anyone confirm?
paulbnl
Core Developer

Re: Possibly Solved: Can't get multitap to work properly.

Unread post by paulbnl »

You don't need to enable Multitap if you want to use SNAC. I don't have a Multitap but it should work if you enable SNAC and set swap joysticks to yes.

Though you probably need to use a usb controller for player 1 and the rest can use the Multitap.
SegaSnatcher

Sadly I tried that and only one of the three controllers hooked up to the multitap works and of course the USB controller.
paulbnl
Core Developer

Unread post by paulbnl »

Are you using the HDMI version of SNAC? That SNES to HDMI cable doesn't have all the pins connected. The usb version does have all the pins connected.
SegaSnatcher

paulbnl wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:20 pm Are you using the HDMI version of SNAC? That SNES to HDMI cable doesn't have all the pins connected. The usb version does have all the pins connected.
Yes I am with bliss cables. Oh man, I was not aware the HDMI version had those limitations. Damn. Thanks for letting me know.