Anyone tried a Nintendo Super Scope 6 ?

MiSTer_Kirk

Anyone tried a Nintendo Super Scope 6 ?

Unread post by MiSTer_Kirk »

Got my Mister last week, I have mine connected to a Philips CM8833 Mk2 via VGA to Scart. I also have a SNAC adapter + all the SNAC add-on connections for NES/SNES/ATARI etc.. The SNES SNAC adapter works great, I tested many SNES games with a real SNES pad and games play just like my own real SNES.
But, my Super Scope 6 is in storage, as I don't have much space to keep it out all the time, so I can't test mine. Has anyone got one and tested it with a Mister ? I realise there were only a handful of games, but I do remember it being a fun addition to the SNES, back in the 90s.
twonunpackmule

Re: Anyone tried a Nintendo Super Scope 6 ?

Unread post by twonunpackmule »

https://misterfpga.co.uk/product/mister ... -adapters/

Using this, I’ve gotten it to work...sort of. Currently, the fire button is mapped to the cursor button. No other button seems to register. But, you can fire at the screen and it’s recognized.

You have to “swap joysticks” for the SNAC to map to P2.
MiSTer_Kirk

Unread post by MiSTer_Kirk »

Thanks. Just got to find mine, now.
twonunpackmule

*update*

I have three receivers for the Super Scope. So, I plugged in and tried a different one and it works perfectly.
vgesoterica

Unread post by vgesoterica »

it's on my list of things to try...because I have a Super Scope in my closet and its collecting dust
Kuro Houou

Unread post by Kuro Houou »

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, I have verified my Scope and Receiver work fine on my SNES. On the Mister I think I have tried every combination. My Receiver is plugged into the SNAC port through an adapter that I know works fine as SNES controllers work through it. I have setup the scope in the hardware config, assigned it to Joy 1 and Joy 2, as well as tried swapping controllers on and off in the mister config as well.. but I can't for the life of me get the Scope to register any buttons let alone work... Am I missing something? I think the only difference between my mister and original snes setup is, the snes uses component into my PVM, the Mister uses RGB.. but that shouldn't matter.
twonunpackmule

Kuro Houou wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:46 pm I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, I have verified my Scope and Receiver work fine on my SNES. On the Mister I think I have tried every combination. My Receiver is plugged into the SNAC port through an adapter that I know works fine as SNES controllers work through it. I have setup the scope in the hardware config, assigned it to Joy 1 and Joy 2, as well as tried swapping controllers on and off in the mister config as well.. but I can't for the life of me get the Scope to register any buttons let alone work... Am I missing something? I think the only difference between my mister and original snes setup is, the snes uses component into my PVM, the Mister uses RGB.. but that shouldn't matter.
It shouldn't matter. I've gotten it to work on both OG Hardware and MiSTer via FV310, JVC iART, JVC D-Series and a Sony PVM. I'll need to start up the SNES Core to refamiliarize myself with the current options layout. But, I remember there being an option to "swap joysticks." The second thing is to make sure the batteries are super, super fresh. The other thing is that the receiver is kind of a pain. Like, I said in an earlier post...I have three of them. They all work but only when they want to. Very temperamental.