Super Mario World Restored soundtrack ROM

RahkSha

Super Mario World Restored soundtrack ROM

Unread post by RahkSha »

Hi all,

Recently became aware of the restored SMW soundtrack by Brickster. Sounds amazing. Wondering if anyone is aware of a modified ROM that updates to the uncompressed audio when playing.

Is that even possible?
SkinnyV

Re: Super Mario World Restored soundtrack ROM

Unread post by SkinnyV »

Last time I’ve heard, someone was almost done doing a MSU patch with the new reconstructed soundtrack. Not sure if they’re finished yet, but going to Romhacking.net might be a better place to search and discuss that kind of stuff unless you have trouble getting it to run. The good news is that MSU-1 is supported on the Mister SNES core (at least the audio portion), so once a patch is released, you should be able to play it on it.
Relikk

Unread post by Relikk »

I'm putting together an MSU1 audio pack over at Zeldix with the blessing of the authors of the restored tracks (there are threads for Zelda and Yoshi's Island, as well). Not all tracks have been released yet, so it's a work in progress but you can use it with Conn's MSU1 patch as it has SPC fallback, so whatever is currently missing... the original SPC track will play instead. Or you can augment it with other audio packs that are available for SMW.
RahkSha

Unread post by RahkSha »

Thanks for replies! I’ll take future questions regarding to the appropriate forums!
Dacaskos

Unread post by Dacaskos »

SkinnyV wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:59 pm Last time I’ve heard, someone was almost done doing a MSU patch with the new reconstructed soundtrack. Not sure if they’re finished yet, but going to Romhacking.net might be a better place to search and discuss that kind of stuff unless you have trouble getting it to run. The good news is that MSU-1 is supported on the Mister SNES core (at least the audio portion), so once a patch is released, you should be able to play it on it.
MSU audio is supported on Mister? How do we make it work then?
Relikk

Unread post by Relikk »

Dacaskos wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:08 amMSU audio is supported on Mister? How do we make it work then?
It's not supported in the main SNES core, yet.

https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=120

dentnz is working on it. There is an early beta release floating around somewhere, but you'll have to search for it.