Are SNES Competition Carts (Campus Challenge and Powerfest 94) Supported by the SNES Core?

DiamanteLoco

Are SNES Competition Carts (Campus Challenge and Powerfest 94) Supported by the SNES Core?

Unread post by DiamanteLoco »

Just wondering cause my mister is coming sometime next week and I didnt want to put them on my card if they aren't.

I'm sure the individual roms are (since they're just shorter versions of the game), but I was asking if the games as a whole are (or if Higan is still the only way to play them - without having a repro).

Thanks!

breakbeatscientist

Re: Are SNES Competition Carts (Campus Challenge and Powerfest 94) Supported by the SNES Core?

Unread post by breakbeatscientist »

I have a rom that is named Powerfest '94 and it does not run on the MiSTer only the individulal roms work for example Powerfest '94 Super Mario Kart and the others work fine individually along with the individual Campus Challenge roms.
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Re: Are SNES Competition Carts (Campus Challenge and Powerfest 94) Supported by the SNES Core?

Unread post by Moondandy »

If they don't work then worth putting in a feature request in the github asking for support. What would cause them not to work? Is it a missing mapper?
kfreiberg

Unread post by kfreiberg »

These competition carts only run on one Emulator, Higan (as stated above), and only an older version of Higan if I remember correctly.

They don't work on SD2SNES, SuperNT(W/O the Cart), Retropie, or any other emulators to my knowledge.

My guess is that this would have to be it's own core due to the custom chips inside the carts for them to play the 3 custom roms.