Romhack - Zelda 3: LTTP - Parallel Remodel any luck in running?

chocomochino

Romhack - Zelda 3: LTTP - Parallel Remodel any luck in running?

Unread post by chocomochino »

Hello i've tried running 1.1 of parallel remodel using ips,and specified rom but i find a black screen on the SNES core, anyone had any luck in getting it running?
darksakul

Re: Romhack - Zelda 3: LTTP - Parallel Remodel any luck in running?

Unread post by darksakul »

Does it run on a emulator on your PC?
I always run rom hacks on a emulator first before moving it to a flash cart or the MiSTer
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

If it doesn't work on an emulator, check to make sure the CRC32 of the ROM before patch it is 777AAC2F. After the patch it should be 588F0E4A. If this is not the case on both ends then something is wrong, either the ROM you used is wrong or the IPS patching is going wrong somehow, etc...

But if both of those are right, it should work. I just tested it in bsnes and that works at least. However the graphics look weird at the title screen.

Also the patch adds 512KB to the game. Sometimes hacks that add a lot to the game to the point of expanding the ROMs don't even work on original hardware. Does this work on original hardware?
birdybro~
Stupid Dufus

Unread post by Stupid Dufus »

Can confirm the games loads for me on both MiSTer and SD2SNES. Both show strange (missing?) graphics on the title screen, but seems to be ok otherwise. Admittedly only tried a minute or so into the game.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Just tested it on the MiSTer and the patched ROM with a CRC32 of 588F0E4A after the patch works fine.
birdybro~