Is Dejitter fix possible or already supported?

LDigital

Is Dejitter fix possible or already supported?

Unread post by LDigital »

I have just got my first Mister and am planning to replace a whole load of consoles with it to free up some physical space.

For my Snes And Nes to get them to work via my OSSC I had to perform a dejitter mod which adjusted something to allow a proper sync via my Ossc. I appreciate that this can HDMI out directly but that is not how this will be used. I am noticing that the snes and nes core behave exactly the same as my consoles did pre-mod. So the question is, is there a fix for this in the core or mister options to make the same adjustment as the dejitter mod and increase analog compatibility?
James-F

Re: Is Dejitter fix possible or already supported?

Unread post by James-F »

Already implemented in NES and SNES cores.
LDigital

Interesting. It must be something else stopping the signal then. I’ll have a play with the ossc settings
darksakul

Unread post by darksakul »

Also keep in mind the stock SNES and NES used an nonstandard refresh rate, both are a little too fast.
The SNES has a refresh of 60.08 Hz and the NES has the refresh of 60.10 Hz.

The actual NTSC Refresh is 29.97 Hz or corresponds to 59.94 Hz when taking in the factor of interlace images.

The OSSC can handle the nonstandard Refresh rate, but it passes whatever the refresh is over to your Display.
And whatever your display is (or in some cases if you are using a HDMI to VGA adapter) might not play happily with the nonstandard Refresh

What is the vsync_adjust on your INI file?
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
LDigital

I’m using analogue component out via the vga port.L that goes to my switch with my other non mister consoles and then to my ossc. I want to run mister through the same setup as my consoles and not via hdmi