SNES Core wont play a game

vette454

SNES Core wont play a game

Unread post by vette454 »

ok so im new to the mister. I just recently got a mister setup and a i have 32mb sd ram card. The issue im having is that all the other cores that ive tried like nes, genesis, and turbo grafx have worked but when i use the snes core it doesnt load any game and ive tried several and it just sits on a black screen until i bring back up the menu. Has anyone experienced this issue before?
ExCyber

Re: SNES Core wont play a game

Unread post by ExCyber »

The only way I can reproduce something like this is to load a file that isn't actually an SNES game. The file browser for the SNES core does allow the .bin extension, so this is easier to do than I expected.

Do you at least get the loading progress bar when you select a file?
vette454

I’m load sfc files with no loading bar it just goes to a black screen. It doesn’t lock the system up. I did see some weird glitches in the nes core last night so I’m wondering at this point if it’s not a bad sd ram cart that’s causing the problems. I’ve ordered a 128mb sd Ram this morning and see if that resolves my issues.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Run the memtest utility and see what it gives you.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/MemTest_MiSTer
birdybro~
vette454

So after doing some digging it turns out the issues were on my end. I had some extremely old nes and snes rom packs from years past. Downloaded a new no name rom set for both has fixed my issues.