a sound bug with Ys Book I & II

Texemosis

a sound bug with Ys Book I & II

Unread post by Texemosis »

hello I found a very specific bug in Ys Book I & II and it involves two parts with voiced audio. These two sections share something in common. A character speaks, gives you an item, thus setting off the "item get" jingle, but then the voice dialogue that's supposed to happen after you get that item doesn't play at all. I don't know what it is but something about the item get jingle is cutting out the following voice audio from playing because the MiSTer doesn't like it for some reason. I can confirm the game works fine on the Super SD System 3 on an original PC Engine. If the core developer is reading this, please look into it.
dshadoff
Core Developer

Re: a sound bug with Ys Book I & II

Unread post by dshadoff »

I am reading this, and I am actually playing through Ys Book I at the moment.

Please provide more information about the parts you are referring to.

Of course, a save state would slo be very helpful for reproducibility on MiSter versus original hardware...
Texemosis

Unread post by Texemosis »

In Darm Tower, when Lair gives you the glasses. Then later in Solomon Shrine when Lillia gives you the key.
dshadoff
Core Developer

I haven't reached those places yet, so I will watch for them and will try to create a savestate to check... probably will get there on the weekend.
It is possible that the state of the controller (i.e button pushed) might cause it to jump forward - I will check for this.
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

Wait does PCE core have save states now?
dshadoff
Core Developer

Sorry, I should have used the phrase "save game". This game can save all the relevant information at nearly any point in the game - and the data format would be the same for actual hardware, MiSTer, most emulators, etc.

Emulator-style save states are available for only a few cores at this time - and this one doesn't support it. However, such a save state wouldn't be useful for transferring the test to other hardware.