Compilation problem

Sinclair

Compilation problem

Unread post by Sinclair »

Although it is not a problem in the core itself because it works fine, it is something about it that I do not understand...

The core is compiled fine with Quartus 17.0.2, but ONLY in Windows partform because if it is done in Linux (the same Quartus version or any other), the sound of some games (such as R-Type, no CD versión) is lost (total mute). This happens since the CD loading functionality was added to this core.

As I said at the beginning, it is not a problem of the core, but out of curiosity and that it is something so strange that I would like someone to explain it to me. Thank you!
Sorgelig
Site Admin

Re: Compilation problem

Unread post by Sorgelig »

Make sure you use 17.0.x version in Linux.
Check the warnings - may be there is something missing.
Sinclair

Unread post by Sinclair »

Yes, I use the same version as the other cores and I have no problems with any, only with this one, and only since the CD functionality was added. Undoubtedly something is missing, something that exists in the Windows version and not in Linux, or simply the name of a file has been written in lowercase or vice versa that Windows does not affect it but a Linux does. I will look at the warnings but I think there are always many.

Edited:

Comparing log of both platforms, only in Linux gives this warning:

"Critical Warning (127003): Can't find Memory Initialization File or !"Hexadecimal (Intel-Format) File huc6280/voltab.mif"

The name of the folder huc6280 is capitalized in the project and this is the line 298 of the psg.vhd file:

VT : entity work.dpram generic map (12,24,"huc6280/voltab.mif")

and it should be like this:

VT : entity work.dpram generic map (12,24,"HUC6280/voltab.mif")

Changing only this is the way would solve the problem.

Thank you.
dshadoff
Core Developer

Unread post by dshadoff »

Does this mean that you have found a fix, and it is now working ?

If so, then I suggest submitting a pull request with the update, and explaining what you have explained above (Linux compile incorrect due to case mismatch on filename reference).
Sorgelig
Site Admin

Unread post by Sorgelig »

i've pushed the fix. Typical Linux problem due to case sensitive path names.