screen going black

damanloox

screen going black

Unread post by damanloox »

Hi,

I noticed that in the latest TurboGrafx core my screen goes "black" every 30-60 seconds (for a split second). I mean the games continue, I have sound but the video output seems to disappear from time to time. The monitor doesn't complain - it just stops displaying anything. I'm using HDMI..
I'm only noticing that in this particular core. I did not have this problem previously (or perhaps I didn't notice). I definitely don't have that problem in other cores...
Any ideas...?

Update: I notices that given enough time this will happen even in MiSTer menu... Is it possible my system is overheating...? I have the heatsink and fan but perhaps that's it...? Is there anything particular in TGFX core that could make it happen a lot more than any other core (including Menu)?
Unfortunately I don't have any other monitor to try it on...
Pupil

Re: screen going black

Unread post by Pupil »

have you tried running the script "video_settings_compatibility" ? I had this issue but doing that seemed to remedy it for me. Hope it helps.
Sigismond0

Re: screen going black

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

What is your vsync_adjust set to in your mister.ini file? Have you tried with different values there? 0 is the most compatible, and 2 is the least. If you're set to 1 or 2, it's likely that your display just doesn't like the refresh rate of the TG16.