I've spent considerable time trying to get "Lords of Thunder (USA)" to work. I used the bios_getter script to plop the "official" bios (as cd_bios.rom) into: /media/fat/Games/TGFX16-CD/
The game freezes after hitting "push run button!"
The bios I am using (as per the script) is: Super CD 3.1.pce >>> renamed to cd_bios.rom
Note, all other games I've tested load/play just fine.
As per the official PCE mister website, certain CD games will not work with the wrong bios. So I'm assuming that is the problem here. What caught my eye is that, for the US bios, it apparently needs to have a certain size and the copyright string at the end shouldnt be legible for it to work! (See attached screenshot)
. So what I did, was use the two US bios files (i.e. those grabbed from the script), one after the other, placing them INSIDE the Lords of Thunder directory (see attached screenshot)
. This should apparently allow this bios to override the bios one directory up. In other words, I placed them here:
/media/fat/Games/TGFX16-CD/Lords of Thunder (USA)/
These are the bios I tested (I renamed each to cd_bios.rom):
TGX CD System Card 2.0.pce
TGX CD Super System Card 3.0.pce
I am still not able to load this game.
Interestingly, when I look at the last line of the bios (see attached screenshot), the text appears legible, meaning that this "official" US bios is not the correct dump! At least that's how I interpret all this, and unfort. no hash is given to verify what the correct dump is.
I am using the newest RBF (= TurboGrafx16_20230102.rbf).