Blazing Star stage 2 music slightly out of tune?

pacoarcade

Blazing Star stage 2 music slightly out of tune?

Unread post by pacoarcade »

I've noticed that in Blazing Star's song 7 (Navigation, Stage 2) in some parts the instruments go slightly out of tune, or at least somewhat different from original hardware and vgmrips.net player.

Not sure if I should report this, so I share an audio capture here for others to compare. I can notice this in seconds 15, 19, 25 and 27. It's like the musical note slightly deviates from the original sound.
Attachments
blazingstar.zip
(2.38 MiB) Downloaded 179 times
aagstn

Re: Blazing Star stage 2 music slightly out of tune?

Unread post by aagstn »

It isn't just Blazing Star. Strikers 1945 and Pulstar also sound off in the same way. The Neo Geo core seems to have a lot of sound issues in general. I have sound dropping out too in games, but resetting the core usually fixes it temporarily. Hopefully this can be worked out in the long run. Core works great other than the sound.
vgesoterica

Unread post by vgesoterica »

aagstn wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:45 pm It isn't just Blazing Star. Strikers 1945 and Pulstar also sound off in the same way. The Neo Geo core seems to have a lot of sound issues in general. I have sound dropping out too in games, but resetting the core usually fixes it temporarily. Hopefully this can be worked out in the long run. Core works great other than the sound.
I've noticed, unless I am imagining it, that rebooting MiSTer after loading 2-3 diff Neo Geo roms gets rid of the issue. Not sure why
darksakul

Unread post by darksakul »

vgesoterica wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:55 pm I've noticed, unless I am imagining it, that rebooting MiSTer after loading 2-3 diff Neo Geo roms gets rid of the issue. Not sure why
Same reason why rebooting or restarting your PC helps fix issues, you are clearing out ram.
You are forcing the onboard DE 10 nano DDR ram to clear out
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
hiddenbyleaves

Unread post by hiddenbyleaves »

Yes I also think I can hear a lot of minor sound issues with the neo geo core.
flo_oh_oh

Unread post by flo_oh_oh »

It is sad but this core is totally forsaken. The sounds issues make it unplayable for me
AtomicShroom

Unread post by AtomicShroom »

Coming in to the NeoGeo core from the other ones, thinking it would be just as flawless, starting one of these games I've never played before, thinking "Wait, what? They shipped that game with the music all out of tune like this? Weird.", and then realizing from this thread it wasn't actually meant to be, is kind of both reassuring and concerning. I also hope it gets fixed at some point.