Shock Troopers Boot Issue

DaveGeorge

Shock Troopers Boot Issue

Unread post by DaveGeorge »

I’ve been trying to get Shock Troopers to boot, but when I try to load it the screen is distorted (even the Unibios boot screen), and then I get a memory-error. Original bios won’t work either.

I’m using the darksoft romset, is this a know issue with that romset? I’ve tried other romsets, but they don’t seem to be decrypted so they won’t work for obvious reasons.
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Re: Shock Troopers boot issue

Unread post by Chris23235 »

Does other Neo Geo Roms work? What kind of SDRam module do you use?
DaveGeorge

Yes, all other neo geo roms seem to work, even the bad Apple-demo. I bought my mister from ultimatemister.com in november so i’m using the 128mb sdram module that Riccardo’s using in his misters.
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

Strange, then it isn't a SDRam issue. Have you tried a different SD Card? Maybe the file on the card is faulty. I also have the Darksoft set and can confirm that Yhock Trooper worky.
DaveGeorge

Ok, thanks for confirming. I’ll keep on looking for a working rom then.
DaniGMX

Unread post by DaniGMX »

I can confirm the same issue when loading the main Shock Troopers rom. An alternate ROM in the same romset, shcktroa.zip (I think that's Rev. A) seems to work fine. I'm also on 128MB official module.

EDIT: Fixed by replacing shocktro.zip with the one from Smokemonster/Darksoft Pack (2020-05-12). It was probably a corrupted ROM from an older pack.
Cohge

Unread post by Cohge »

DaniGMX wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm I can confirm the same issue when loading the main Shock Troopers rom. An alternate ROM in the same romset, shcktroa.zip (I think that's Rev. A) seems to work fine. I'm also on 128MB official module.

EDIT: Fixed by replacing shocktro.zip with the one from Smokemonster/Darksoft Pack (2020-05-12). It was probably a corrupted ROM from an older pack.
Iam getting the same issue but is with Last Blade 2 and KOF95... tryed with 2 differents romsets already "smoke and darksoftpack", 128mb sdram from zerohimself... Can you try to play these games?
DaveGeorge

Finally got Shocker troopers running. Seems I also had the same corrupted rom files.

Both Last Blade 2 and KOF95 are working for me.