Neo Geo CD

LXZ

Re: Neo Geo CD

Unread post by LXZ »

Just wanted to do a quick +1 that I think it would be awesome to have MiSTer support Neo Geo CD. Not looking to debate what is better or inferior, I am interested in completeness, conservation, preservation and simply exploring a catalogue I never had the chance to explore in the best possible way. So any dev who wants to make it happen: Please do not be deterred by any negativity
dshadoff
Core Developer

Unread post by dshadoff »

Dev’s are not likely going to be deterred by what you may perceive as negativity. And in fact, I don’t see anybody arguing against whether it ultimately ought to be added. After all, there is a predisposition toward completeness among developers, as you mention.

But as long as there are other projects they would prefer to do, those projects will get done first.
haightc

Unread post by haightc »

I also would love NeoGeo CD support, I like my front loader but the drive can be a bit flakey and I am still waiting for my SDloader from furtek
pac

Unread post by pac »

Same here, crossing my fingers that we'll see an NGCD core one day, given that my physical hardware is not getting any younger too.
Tulius

Unread post by Tulius »

Maybe if I donate one of my broken neogeo cd front loader units, jotego would be interested in making a fpga core? :mrgreen:
pbsk8

Unread post by pbsk8 »

Tulius wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:35 pm Maybe if I donate one of my broken neogeo cd front loader units, jotego would be interested in making a fpga core? :mrgreen:
I guess he is busy with the schedule he proposed some time ago.

NGPC for now (by the end of the year maybe) then PGM then CPS3. Maybe in 2-3 years if he accepts your ngcd?