No game files showing to launch

Deezdrama

No game files showing to launch

Unread post by Deezdrama »

I have a new mister setup...
Flashed latest mister fusion
Ran update all script.

Sofar I've added nes,Famicom,fds,turbo grfx, PC engine and PC engine CD..... All those and arcade cores working fine.

The neo geo core been testing my patience all day.

I got the darksoft set and put in games/NEOGEO
Also in the folder are all the bios files , unibios , and all the files needed according to github wiki.
These were all installed by the update all script but the folder was missing romset.xml
The core launches and I can see list of games but when I choose a game there is no game file to launch, its just empty.

All the posts I've read about this issue say its because romset.XML is missing or its an issue with ftp transfer.

I'm not using ftp so that's not the issue.

I've read update all script is supossed to put romset.XML in neogeo folder but it does not.

I see the romset.XML file on github but there's no way I see to download so just highlight the text and copy paste it to notepad and save as romset.XML . this doesn't work.

Found a downloadable romset.XML that was updated to support Sam showdown perfect. I download and put that XML in neogeo folder..... Still same issue.

I run update all script again thinking maybe it missed something.
Still have same issue.

I've compiled whole 8tb hyperspin drives which was a pain in the ass and this is making me feel the same way lol.
I just don't get what I'm missing.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
jca
Top Contributor

Re: No game files showing to launch

Unread post by jca »

Deezdrama wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:13 pm ...
I see the romset.XML file on github but there's no way I see to download so just highlight the text and copy paste it to notepad and save as romset.XML . this doesn't work.
By using notepad the file will be saved using DOS/WIN end of line not Linux/Unix end of line.
To download from Github, open romset.xml, right click on the Raw button and click Save Link as.
Deezdrama

Unread post by Deezdrama »

jca wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:15 pm
Deezdrama wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:13 pm ...
By using notepad the file will be saved using DOS/WIN end of line not Linux/Unix end of line.
To download from Github, open romset.xml, right click on the Raw button and click Save Link as.
You've saved the day. Thank you!
I knew I had to be overlooking something.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

I suppose your games are working.
You should download an install Notepad++ which allows to choose the end of line type by going to Edit->EOL Conversion where you can choose Windows, Unix or Mac.