Unibios corrupt in MVS mode

Lemonici

Unibios corrupt in MVS mode

Unread post by Lemonici »

So I've done everything as to the line as I can to get this core setup and, fundamentally, it's working. Games play without issue (best I can tell, I don't know that I've ever seen real hardware) with the caveat that I'm using only 32mb at the moment. My only real problem is that even for games that should (and do) load without issues, there's no text under NeoGeo on the Unibios screen if I'm in MVS mode. If I press A+B+C I do seem to enter the menu, but again, no text, or just a field of sparse white pixels. I've also noticed some additional weird corruption when loading Tetris of the NeoGeo logo itself (Unibios only, actual splash screen is untouched).

Am I missing something obvious? I have tried both with and without the MVS BIOS in the NeoGeo folder, it makes no difference. I have autosave off so I can test different combinations without affecting future attempts. I've tested my RAM for upwards of an hour with no errors at 150. I've tested going straight into the NeoGeo core when I start tinkering so the board is still cool. If I switch to AES mode all the graphical corruption is gone, but I've heard that AES can't handle certain games that we're designed to be MVS only and I also don't want to ignore something that may be indicative of other problems in my setup. Please let me know how to fix this and thanks so much for your time.
Lemonici

Re: Unibios corrupt in MVS mode

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G2KTgu ... sp=sharing

This is a video showing the problem (though it isn't always consistent, sometimes there's noise where the text should be, and the NeoGeo logo can be corrupted as well)
Lemonici

I fixed it! I decided to md5sum all my BIOS files and found that my 000-lo.lo was incorrect. It now works perfectly
ARCADEAGES

Unread post by ARCADEAGES »

Lemonici wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:13 pm I fixed it! I decided to md5sum all my BIOS files and found that my 000-lo.lo was incorrect. It now works perfectly
Any chance you could share what the correct md5 / crc is for your 000-lo.lo file? I'm having difficulty fixing what looks to be the same problem you had.
Lemonici

ARCADEAGES wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:54 pm
Lemonici wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:13 pm I fixed it! I decided to md5sum all my BIOS files and found that my 000-lo.lo was incorrect. It now works perfectly
Any chance you could share what the correct md5 / crc is for your 000-lo.lo file? I'm having difficulty fixing what looks to be the same problem you had.
Sorry, I haven't been on in a while, haha. Here's what I posted to Reddit:
EDIT2: Here's my current hashes for anyone experiencing something similar. You can find out how to do this online pretty easily regardless of your OS. If yours isn't the same as mine it means your file is different than mine, and therefore likely incorrect.
000-lo.lo: fc7599f3f871578fe9a0453662d1c966
sfix.sfix: aa2b5d0eae4158ffc0d7d63481c7830b