Weird sound glitch in Zed Blade

cave hermit

Weird sound glitch in Zed Blade

Unread post by cave hermit »

I tried out Zed Blade on the Neo Geo core today (it's a horizontal shmup with a old school rave soundtrack), and I noticed that at any time during a given stage, the normal stage or boss BGM can suddenly get interrupted and replaced with the title screen BGM, which will play until a new BGM is supposed to start up.

This has happened multiple times across cold reboots, and occurs both in the version of the core currently available from the main update script, as well as in the 7/28/2020 revision of the core currently available from Jotego's discord.

This glitch does not occur in the MAME version of the game, nor in the Arcade Archives port on the Switch.

I wonder if this bug might be tied to the initial weapon selection, as the first time I tried playing on the mister the glitch did not occur, and I selected the default weapons for all slots. On subsequent plays when the bug did occur, I always selected 3-way frontal shot, AA missiles, and Wave rear shot.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?
rhester72
Top Contributor

Re: Weird sound glitch in Zed Blade

Unread post by rhester72 »

There are a bunch of confirmed glitches with the core, see the github issues page here:

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/NeoGeo_MiSTer/issues
amplify77

Re: Weird sound glitch in Zed Blade

Unread post by amplify77 »

cave hermit wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:03 am I tried out Zed Blade on the Neo Geo core today (it's a horizontal shmup with a old school rave soundtrack), and I noticed that at any time during a given stage, the normal stage or boss BGM can suddenly get interrupted and replaced with the title screen BGM, which will play until a new BGM is supposed to start up.

This has happened multiple times across cold reboots, and occurs both in the version of the core currently available from the main update script, as well as in the 7/28/2020 revision of the core currently available from Jotego's discord.

This glitch does not occur in the MAME version of the game, nor in the Arcade Archives port on the Switch.

I wonder if this bug might be tied to the initial weapon selection, as the first time I tried playing on the mister the glitch did not occur, and I selected the default weapons for all slots. On subsequent plays when the bug did occur, I always selected 3-way frontal shot, AA missiles, and Wave rear shot.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?
Yes, I can confirm this bug. That title screen BGM plays especially during boss fights.